Business Development Manager (Data)
This is a new business field sales role that also has some ongoing account management responsibility. Supported by the telemarketing team booking appointments but will be expected to make your own in addition.
You will actively promote all products and services of Focus Group, follow up on referrals and new leads, liaise with internal staff to ensure new business is connected correctly with little/no disruption to the client’s business, and develop product knowledge.
- Meeting with prospective clients to promote Focus Group products and services
- Identify opportunities for new business and manage the end to end sales process
- Establishing and managing positive working relationships with high-level IT and business executives
- Consistently achieving a monthly 'new business' target and meeting agreed activity based KPI's
- Building a good relationship with key personnel from Focus Group suppliers
- Contributing to relevant marketing campaigns
- Using social media tools, such as LinkedIn, to profile beneficial contacts
- Establishing a good working knowledge of your marketplace and the key industry, and financial factors, affecting your customers
- Attending relevant presentations, exhibitions, conferences and networking events
- Experience within the Telecoms industry selling Network Services – MPLS, Leased Lines etc.
- Strong experience selling Business to Business.
- Have strong rapport building skills and the ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Experience conversing with and presenting to senior management and business owners.
- A proven track record of achieving new business targets and exceeding KPI's.
- Be articulate, professional, credible, ethical and possesses good business acumen.
- Able to network effectively, spot opportunities, close deals, and be strong enough to effectively manage the after-sales process and build internal and external relationships to maximize results for the company.
- A friendly outgoing personality.
- A smart and professional appearance with excellent time keeping.
- A good team player with a flexible approach.
- Display hunger, motivation and passion to succeed.
- Driving Licence.
- Sales incentives, including trips abroad, days/afternoons out
- Pension Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare Initiative
- Perkbox membership
- Focus Discount Card (for local retailers)
- Daily Fruit (complimentary)
- Free tea & coffee in the office
- Focus Awards Ceremony
- Participation in charity and sports events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and development plans
- Interest Free Travel Loan
- Regular company and team social events (including a Summer & Christmas party)
- Yearly eye test & spectacle voucher
- Access to well-being champions
- Financial advice
Focus Group is a leading UK communications service provider. We are a dynamic and fast paced growing company who prides itself on excellent customer service and work hard to make an enjoyable work place environment.