Business Development Officer
Itad is a consultancy company providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Governance, Gender, Health, Social Protection & Livelihoods, Education, Climate Change, Private Sector Development, FCAS, Organisational Effectiveness, Impact investing and Cross cutting frameworks. Within the broad development sector, we are best known for our work in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E, L) and undertake institutional and programme evaluations as well as designing M&E systems for development institutions and government departments. We are increasingly offering full strategic consultancy services to a range of traditional development clients as well as new private sector clients.
To provide all aspects of business development including bid coordination, development and monitoring, leads assessment and process management, account management coordination and support, relationship/partnership building, support theme groups and systems development.
Nature & Scope
The Business Development Officer will work as part of the Business Development team and will be responsible for helping achieve revenue targets through:
- Lead generation, pre-positioning and bidding
- Account management & customer relationship management
- Providing business development support to theme groups
- Organisational support and development of business development systems
Your work and specific responsibilities will include the following:
Lead generation, pre-positioning and bidding
This primary activity will include:
- Identifying, managing and accessing leads
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of tenders (expressions of interest/proposals) and driving the non-technical components of bids including coordination with bidding partners
- Pre-positioning with clients for potential opportunities
- Monitor the implementation of the bidding process, identifying opportunities to improve bidding efficiency
- Identifying & securing team members including negotiation of fee rates
Account management & customer relationship management
This will include:
- Coordinating and manage account management process for key clients
- Developing a deep understanding of client strategy and help match Itad offer to client needs
Providing business development support to thematic cluster
This will include:
- Support development of theme plan to achieve revenue targets
- Support with market and client analysis to promote achievement of theme plan and revenue targets
- Review/assess leads and lead bid development relevant to theme
- Support the identification and management of roster of potential team members for the theme
Organisational support and development of business development systems
This will include:
- Support the development of business development systems
- Support the production of business development KPI and other reporting
- Maintain CV database and commercial information in Navision
She/he will also work with the Head of Business Development to monitor and improve bidding processes and strategy.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working in business development within a consultancy organisation
- At least 2 years’ experience coordinating the preparation and submission of business tenders
- Good understanding of the international development landscape, including DFID, multilaterals, UN agencies and foundations.
- Excellent skills in developing budgets and commercial proposals
Masters level of education, preferably in development studies or another relevant subject
Additional Professional Expertise & Key Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise within a busy workload
- Excellent IT skills including high level of competence with Microsoft Word and Excel
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th March at 5pm.
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.