Temporary Port Operative
We are working with Pathfinder to recruit local candidates interested in flexible, temporary work within Shoreham Port, working on various assignments in one or more of the following roles.
- General Port Operatives/Stevedores - Loading and unloading cargo vessels. Working either on the vessel or on the land side.
- Vessel Cargo Checkers – When a vessel is in working in the timber terminal to bar code each timber pack as they are unloaded from the vessel.
- General Labourers – Restacking timber packs, tidying up the terminals.
- Fork Lift Truck Driving – Assisting the unloading of timber vessels, moving the packs from landing point to stacking area.
- Hours are variable and subject to short notice variations and changes.
- A combination of weekday and weekend work is available, 365 days a year.
- Vessels tend to commence at 0600 in the morning and finish around 1800.
- Flexibility is the key.
Skills and experience
- No previous experience is required.
- Candidates must be aware that they are working in a port environment and therefore may be working in all weather conditions.
- Pay Rates vary depending on the role and day/time of each assignment.
- You will receive provision for leave pay and access to a pension scheme.
- Immediate starts are available
- You will be engaged by Pathfinder as the Employment Business on a Contract for Services.
- Appropriate induction, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training will be provided to all successful candidates.
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs & alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.
To apply, please apply online via this application form: http://www.pathfinderpersonnel.com/jobs/port-operatives-shoreham/
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org