Senior Registered Nurse
Job title / Position: Senior Registered Nurse
Salary / hourly rate of pay: £16.00 per hour enhanced pay for Bank Holiday working
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Type of contract: Permanent and flexible working options including part time available
Location: Various locations across the Horsham, West Sussex area RH12, also roles in East Grinstead and Uckfield areas
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications
About the role:
You'll be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care, and/or the implementation of evaluation of these programmes. The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and may be required to demonstrate procedures to and supervise qualified and un qualified staff
Assess Nursing Needs
- Take nursing history through interviewing and observing the people we support.
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of the people we support's condition.
- Interpret the significance of data to the people we supports condition and progress.
- Identify and discusses nursing difficulties or needs with the people we support, their relative and other staff.
Plan Nursing Care
- Identify the priorities of nursing care for the people we support.
- Identify realistic goals in care plans.
- Organise time, facilities and staff to deliver nursing care.
Practitioner of Nursing
- Give skilled care to the people we support and relatives.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed with safety accuracy and intelligence, within the policies of Sussex Health Care.
- Communicate effectively with the people we support, their relatives and co-workers.
- Liaise with medical, para-medical staff and case managers in the delivery of care.
Evaluate Nursing Needs
- Evaluate the quality of care given to people we support.
- Measure goal achievements with the people we support, relatives and co-workers.
- Create new care plans and change care plans when required and goals according to evaluation.
Enhance Nursing Skills
- Seek out new knowledge of nursing and health by reading, enquiring and partaking in continuing educational programmes.
- Seek to develop new skills.
Teach Nursing Skills
- Assess the learning needs of the people we support, relatives and care staff.
- Instruct and advises the people we support, relatives and staff about nursing.
- Demonstrate nursing skills to the people we support, relatives and staff.
- Assess the progress of individual learners.
- Advise on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
Manage Nursing Requirements
- Assess work to be carried out.
- Organise staff, time and facilities for completion of work.
- Supervise the delivery and quality of care given.
- Praise and correct team members as appropriate.
- Report and receive reports of work activity.
- Handle complaints by members of the public, people we support and staff in accordance with the complaints procedure of Sussex Health Care.
- Maintain standards in accordance with Sussex Health Care policies and procedures.
- Assist in the appraisal process of junior staff members.
You will need
- Abide by the legal requirements and statutory rules relating to practice.
- Take responsibility for the personal development and education including in-service training.
- Maintain standards of conduct and dress to sustain the confidence of service users and visitors, in accordance with the NMC and Sussex Health Care Mission statement.
- To develop and participate in all appropriate Quality Assurance programmes.
- Attend 2 mandatory training sessions per annum for Fire, Infection Control, COSHH and Manual Handling.
- Attend 1 full Appraisal and 5 Supervision sessions per annum.
What we Offer
- Weekend pay enhancement
- Free Uniform x 3
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
No agencies please
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!