Senior Front End Developer
Senior Front End Developer
The Student Room
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
Are you a Front End Developer living in Brighton? Have you got experience with React and React Native? Would you like projects you can get your teeth stuck into?
If the answers are yes, apply for this role!
My client hosts the largest online student community in the UK, and is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join a newly created offshoot of their existing business. In a bid to continue their quest to take the internet by storm, they have created their new innovation hub to help facilitate their growth.
As a result of their visions, they are initiating a number of global-scale growth concepts to market - that deliver on their vision of ensuring students get the best support possible. The first of these - a transformative global platform aiming at improving student wellbeing - will be a project that you will be directly involved with from the offset. Using the latest technologies, you will be one of the first members of a expanding team; delivering significant social benefit.
Working as a key member of our front-end development team, this is an entrepreneurial role with responsibility for rapidly developing a brand new world-class React.js Single Page Application for clients and React Native (Android and iOS) mobile application for students.
You will work closely with our graphic designers, backend developers, subject matter experts, and our Product Manager, whilst being inspired by feedback from pioneer clients and students.
What does success in 6 months look like?
* You and the team will have successfully built from scratch the front-end of both the Client SPA and Student PWA.
* You will have worked with the back-end developers to create and optimise the design of the API that the front-end will communicate with.
* The front-end will have evolved significantly based on the needs of our pilot clients and student feedback.
* The founding team you work with will run as an efficient and highly productive unit.
* You will work in a supportive manner with other team members and provide them with the support and coaching for them to grow.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to play a central role in building the front-end of our platform; designing, planning and ensuring the best technologies and tools are used for the job. Working in conjunction with graphic designers, you will create beautiful app and web experiences.
You will be passionate and driven, unafraid to try new things and learn fast. You will be a team player who knows that we can only be our best if we all support and challenge each other in equal measures. You will love questioning the status quo and be excited by the opportunity to quickly move mountains and help students globally.
* Proficiency with React/React Native
* Single Page App experience
* Progressive Web App experience
* A real passion for UI/UX and good attention to detail
* Graphing/data representation experience
* Good partner management and communication skills
* The ability to provide technical leadership
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.