Salary / hourly rate of pay: £8.05 with weekend pay enhancements and double pay with bank holidays
Working hours: 40 hours per week and a range of part time hours options
Type of contract: Permanent
Location: All locations in the Horsham RH12 area and Uckfield TN22
Why Work for SHC?
SHC is a group of 16 care homes across Sussex, employing over 800 employees, offering a broad range of care and support for the people we support covering Elderly, Dementia, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, End of life, Respite and Acquired brain Injury.
Our employees are important to SHC and are critical in providing high levels of care and customer service to support the diverse range of care provision SHC offers. We have a number of vacant care roles and welcome you to join our team. Most of our roles offer flexible shifts, to ensure that you get a good work life balance.
Our Training Academy provides a full range of class-based learning, e-learning and mentoring opportunities to allow you to learn new skills and gain vocational and professional qualifications.
About the role:
- As a Driver you will transport the people we support to and from the day centre/college Monday - Friday, on outings and where necessary to medical appointments, under direction of the Home Manager.
- Ensure that the mini-bus is road worthy.
- Organise MOT and regular servicing of the minibus.
- Check the water/oil and petrol levels each day.
- Wash outside and maintain cleanliness of the inside of the minibus weekly.
- Collect prescriptions from the chemist.
- Ensure that all harnesses and seatbelts are in place and secure prior to any journey.
- Ensure first aid/emergency equipment is in place and current.
- Any accident or incident to be reported and documented appropriately.
- A clean D1 driving licence with a minimum of two years experience of driving in the UK is essential.
You will be an active member of the team, providing an environment that is free from abuse or neglect; observing agreed safeguarding practices by using the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Successful candidates must have:
- Reliable and punctual;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Ideally with your own transport but free staff transport is available.
- D1 License
- Driving for over 2 years
- Reliable and punctual
- Clean FULL driving license
What we Offer
- Flexible working options - Full time or Part time or Bank Work
- Weekend pay enhancement and paid breaks.
- Competitively priced staff accommodation (subject to meeting a specific criteria)
- Free Uniform
- Subsidised lunches
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a Friend incentive
- Employment Assistance Programme
No agencies please
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!