Operations & Partner Manager
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Global Card Issuance team are responsible for manufacturing, personalizing, fulfilling and distributing American Express cards around the world for our customers. We deliver 5 million cards a year through a network of industry leading third party vendors. Do you love helping others to perform at their best and have a growth mindset? Do you thrive at growing relationships to get the best results for the team and your organisation? Could you lead a team of professionals to set the standards for the best customer experience on card delivery and ensure our promise to our customers is always met? Are you passionate about delivering the next payment innovations? Do you strive to continuously streamline processes for greater speed and agility?
- Manage a team to gain optimal performance from all of our vendors consistent with regulatory expectations
- Problem solve operational issues and identify process improvements
- Reduce costs and improve the efficiency, flexibility and quality of Partner services
- Explore the card issuance customer journeys’ from acquisition to card renewal and build out a network to enhance the customer experience and better our customer card issuance promise
- Network globally across GCI and the enterprise to streamline, change and develop the card issuance experience
- Manage all contracts, ensuring all obligations are met including management and resolution of any operating issues
- Energise and develop your team to achieve their career ambitions and the business goals
- Become the card issuance ‘go to’ for the enterprise
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to develop and drive high performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within both Amex and third party organizations
- Confirmed relationship and/or contract management experience with external partners and internal business partners
- Excellent negotiations and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills preferred
- Knowledge and experience of process engineering and process efficiency methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean etc...) preferred
- Prior experience of partner or client management preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time