Intermediary Sales Manager
The Sales Manager will support existing and new sales advisers in their continual development in role, leading and focussing on all aspects of their role including the development of technical, process and products skills, performance management and knowledge and their ongoing development of soft skills and behaviours.
They will carry out internal quality assessments and will also be the ‘go to’ member of the team for queries relating to day to day procedures and best practice. They will be a role model for how we engage with our customers, demonstrating excellent customer care and empathy at all time and being a role model for Bupa’s values. The Sales Manager will be a point of contact for escalated customer calls.
- To ensure all quality audits meet the required standard across all direct reports
- Deputise on behalf of the Head of Intermediary Telesales
- To meet and exceed team and individual sales and retention targets, within compliance and relevant legislation.
- Conduct one on one technical and soft skills coaching and regular 1:1’s for team members to support the team to continually build their knowledge, sales skills and support them to provide an outstanding sales experience to our customers/brokers
- Carry out Return to work interviews and management of absence, including Occ health referrals and absence triggers, provide regular and ad-hoc feedback when appropriate
- Lead on resource activities (engaged with Head of Intermediary Telesales)
- Follow the Bupa code.
- Lead on performance and behaviours issues with guidance from the Manager Advisory Service
- Through coaching, ensure compliance with relevant legislation and compliance policy. In particular will ensure that the correct processes are being followed in relation to handling customer complaints and the fair treatment of customers leading to performance management if necessary
- Identify skill gaps and conduct one on one coaching to rectify skill gaps where identified, reporting progress to the Head of Intermediary Telesales.
- Feedback trends regarding skills gaps across the team to the Head of Intermediary Telesales and Head of Sales Excellence so that improvements can be made to the induction training and ongoing development training.
- Carry out side by side and remote quality monitoring, and coaching on Sales, retention and relationship building Techniques.
- Continually maintain a personal high level of knowledge of procedures, products, systems, being the most knowledgeable person in the team
- Handle escalated customer/broker calls and emails
- Being a role model in the department for providing outstanding service to customers and demonstrating excellence in behaviours relating to Bupa’s values
- Ensure all inbound calls are answered in line with the call levels and with the appropriate skill set.
The Ideal Candidate
- A Sales Manager with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from other financial services industries such as Life Insurance, Retail, Commercial or Investment Banking and Wealth Management.
- Experience working with Broker and Intermediary sales
- Can demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bupa Global’s products and Sales systems and procedures.
- Excellent Sales skills, interpersonal and communication skills are required with emphasis on the ability to develop people to achieve successful outcomes.
- Can demonstrate examples of supporting and coaching colleagues in a Sales Advisory setting (either informally as an experienced team member or more formally in a previous coaching role)
- Is known as a role model within the department, providing excellent customer service, quality and performance against department KPI’s. Role models Bupa’s values
- Ability to inspire and create enthusiasm, energy and cooperation in others to achieve work objectives