Release Train Engineer
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence, combining product and engineering teams globally. We are striving to improve speed to market and drive value across core capabilities.
Our teams and platforms enable many of the key product features used by our Cardmembers every day; from earning points to accessing lounges and getting the benefits of our partners frequent members’ programmes. We aspire to unlock value for both new product offerings, as well as existing products. We are building a suite of highly configurable core capabilities to meet the diverse internal and external partner needs around the globe.
Are you innovative, creative and eager to embrace change and tackle unique challenges? We are on the leading edge for the company in many ways. We have a truly global footprint and remit and continue to mature our agile practices in order to improve the experiences we deliver for our customers.
Do you value collaboration and empowering others to excel? Do you aspire to inspire a large team on a journey of continuous improvement? Do you love to help people and teams to thrive in an environment where they can innovate, speak up, fail fast & learn fast, with full support of leadership?
You will be a member of the Agile Programme Team and drive process and execution for an Agile Release Train (ART). You will help remove impediments, manage risks, and promote continuous improvement throughout the Loyalty & Benefits organisation – all of this while working in a fun, fast paced environment that is developing the platforms that enable the world's best loyalty and benefit experiences for our customers.
- You will drive program/release level processes for an Agile Release Train (ART) demonstrating servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and be technically ‘savvy’
- You will facilitate Programme Increment (PI) planning meetings with leadership, business partners, product management and teams on the ART, as well as aggregate the Programme Increment objectives into Programme/ Release objectives to ensure successful delivery
- You will identify opportunities for improving the agile practices across the portfolio, coaching scrum masters and Product Owners, sustaining and improving existing agile release trains
- Your role will support program level meetings in partnership with product management and system architect(s) to aid in the preparation, readiness and prioritization of features for future PI planning sessions.
- You will ensure strategic alignment for the train across organizations and teams, and partner with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- You will promote compliance with SDLC standards across the ART and be accountable for data integrity for the ART within the Agile Management tool(s)
- You will live the Agile & SAFe values and principals, be coachable yourself, be open to feedback and committed to continuous personal improvement, demonstrating that you are on a lifelong learning journey
- You will be uncomfortably open in all you do and know how to challenge the status quo gracefully
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Agile leader with a good balance of technical knowledge and business sense with a solid ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- You will have extensive experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver solutions
- Strategic thinker – able to see the bigger picture – and able to build trust and creditability across the organization through deep domain knowledge of the business and underlying technology
- You show high skill in Agile/Lean/SAFe principles and frameworks quality and testing standard methodologies
- You are assertive and highly collaborative, with the ability to drive innovation and change management
- You are a teammate with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is able to work with virtual and global teams and lead team members in different time zones
- You have proven Scrum Master experience; relevant Program/Project Management experience and SPC or SA certification required; PMI ACP certification a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.