We are currently recruiting for:
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
(Term Time Only)
We are recruiting an experienced and exceptional SLD Teacher for St. John’s College in Brighton.
The role of the SLD Teacher is to undertake teaching commitments within a class of learners with sensory and communication need. St. John’s aims to work on a ‘team approach’ but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post:
- To have detailed knowledge and understanding of learners’ National Curriculum; of the learner profile and support their needs and learning styles.
- To plan effectively to meet the needs of learners’ Special Educational Needs and make an appropriate contribution to the preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of Individual Education Plans.
- Ensure effective teaching and management of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
- Use a range of appropriate and effective assessment methods that provide accurate reflections of learners’ ability, accounting for specific learning difficulties and the impact of a range of diagnoses.
- Provide oral and written reports on learner progress and achievements against targets.
Please email your expression of interest to email@example.com on why you wish to apply for the post and detail your relevant skills & experience, if you are interested in applying for this role.