Your duties will include the following:
- Dealing with patients under varying circumstances at reception.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with calls appropriately.
- Arrange prescriptions via the computer.
- Dealing with enquiries – internal and external.
- Open and distribute post.
- Handle specimens and forms, ensuring the correct recording and storage.
- Arrange for domiciliary visits on behalf of the doctor when directed.
- Telephone patients.
- Operating the scanning machine for filing correspondence.
- Photocopying medical records for solicitors, etc.
- Dealing with enquiries from hospital Doctors/Consultants/Nurses and Secretaries.
- Operating the surgery computer system.
- Organising events.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Doctor’s surgery.
- Good IT skills
- An interest in customer relations
- The ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Polite, presentable and punctual; confident and personable
- A passion to work with the general public in a health care environment
3 GCSE's at grades 9-4 or A*-C (or equivalent)
If we have a vacancy, any apprentice would be welcome to apply for the position.