Sous ChefSous Chef - £25k + bonus - Cosy village pub - Nr Lewes
Sous Chef - £25k + bonus - Cosy village pub - Near Lewes
Sous Chef required for a popular village pub just outside Lewes. The present owners have been at the pub since 2001 and, despite huge changes in the industry since then, they have remained true to their principles of retaining it as an individual village pub, known as much for its cask ales as for its good quality home-made food. Ideally, you will have the following experience to be considered:
* Ability to manage a busy service whilst maintaining high quality
* Strong experience on all sections
* Cooking from scratch using high quality locally sourced ingredients
* Embracing a fresh food culture and creating daily and seasonal menus
* Source new suppliers and negotiate with current suppliers
* Continually train and develop junior members of the team
* Lead the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
* Clean, tidy and keep on top of HACCP & COSHH paperwork
* Have a firm grasp on wastage, labour and margins
* Ordering, stock control and rotation
* Meeting food safety and cleaning standards
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £25k with a performance related bonus on top. It will be a mix of straight and split shifts, with an average of 40-50 hours worked per week. Due to the rural location of the pub, your own transport is essential.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.