Fraud Team Analyst - German Speaking
The Card Fraud Team is a blended, multi-lingual team responsible for the review and processing of fraud claims for France, Germany, Austria and the UK, and the charge verification and securing of accounts for ICC customers, BTA, vBTA, TSYS, vNG.
You will be working fraud scanners cases, identifying the fraud transactions and nature of fraud ensuring the highest standards of quality and customer service and a fast resolution of fraud cases.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be multi-skilled across Customer markets and functions, and duties may vary daily. The team also provide support to internal Customer facing teams when a Customer may have a query in relation to a fraud case and is some cases handling calls directly from our Customers.
- Review and investigation of fraud claims on corporate and consumer accounts for up to 5 markets.
- Timely actioning of refunds for fraudulent charges made on accounts, maintaining strict adherence to the European Commission Payment Service Directive.
- Reducing losses through effective team processing and internal collaboration.
- Processing inbound Fraud Disputes raised within the agreed time frames and investigating all issues raised by card members or colleagues.
- Ensuring that Customer cases decision is in line with the Fraud Risk Management Disputes Policy, providing transparency for external customers.
- Answering to all enquiries and providing resolution, liaising with internal teams and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Maintaining and building excellent working relationships within the GFPS Team and key internal contacts.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Essential language English and German; additional European language is a plus.
- Knowledge of Fraud will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility and decisiveness.
- Strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues/ complaints is essential.
- Ability to work alone when appropriate and meet deadlines on assigned projects/tasks.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).