Apprentice Business Administrator
- Order Input - Inputting new orders onto our bespoke blinds system.
- Quote Input - Inputting quotes onto our bespoke blinds system.
- Filing quotes and orders - Into necessary folders.
- Preparing outgoing post - Franking machine.
- Maintaining Stationery - Ensuring sufficient levels of Office stationary available, and advising when and what is needed.
- Monitor levels of office supplies - Such as toilet rolls, milk etc. advise when and what is needed.
- Assist with daily tasks within the office.
- 1 Hour Lunch Break
- Discount on all made-to-measure Blinds
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Office Microwave
- A small and friendly team environment
- Close to Town Centre (Good Transport Links)
Training to be Provided:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business & Administration Combined Knowledge and Competence Based Qualification (monthly assessments in the workplace + weekly workshops delivered at college – Crawley College)
- Functional Skills English - Level 1 (unless exempt via GCSEs)
- Functional Skills Maths - Level 1 (unless exempt via GCSEs)
- Functional Skills ICT - Level 1 (unless exempt via GCSEs)
- Functional Skills qualifications demonstrate the ability to apply your skills to a range of different work and life-based scenarios/practical situations (weekly workshops delivered at college)
- Functional Skills English - Level 2 (unless exempt via GCSEs). There is a need for the apprentice to attend the classes, but not necessarily pass these exams.
- Functional Skills Maths - Level 2 (unless exempt via GCSEs). There is a need for the apprentice to attend the classes, but not necessarily pass these exams.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Good telephone manner. You will not start on the phones but will be fully trained to use them when confident to do so (using the phones will not be an initial requirement)
Attention to detail; Good written and verbal English; Presentable; Good communication; Willingness to learn; PC proficient; Hardworking
Friendly, Reliable, Polite
Looking to make a commitment to our company with a view to taking the apprenticeship to a Level 3/4 and further once the apprenticeship is completed.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.