Assistant Shop Manager - London Road
Salary: £18,360 (pro rata)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Closing Date: 6th May 2019
Interview Date: 10th May 2019
With your excellent communication skills and relevant retail experience you will make a real difference by helping to raise vital funds for the Martlets Hospice.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected local charity and in this exciting role you will be supporting the Shop Manager to maximise shop sales and profits and deliver excellent customer service.
Main Duties Will Include:
- To assist and at times deputise for, the Shop Manager in all aspects of the retail operation including opening and closing the shop, stock management, merchandising, sales, service and security.
- To assist the Shop Manager in achieving sales targets as agreed with the Area Sales Manager whilst keeping costs within agreed budget.
- To provide a high standard of customer service at all times, in line with Martlets agreed standards, to further enhance the reputation of Martlets Hospice.
- To maintain a high standard of presentation throughout the shop at all times, creating a commercial and attractive sales environment.
- To actively encourage donations of saleable stock and to handle donations in an efficient manner.
- To ensure volunteers are supported, encouraged and well-motivated to ensure the shop performs and is representative of Martlets values.
Key Skills required:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with qualifications in English and Maths
- Proven retail sales experience or customer service experience in a similar role
- Experience of working within a team of staff and/or volunteers
- Able to communicate clearly in person with the public and staff/volunteers
- Numerate and competent in dealing with figures and administration
- Previous experience of cash handling and the use of EPOS systems
- Experience of visual merchandising and stock control
- Willing to work variable hours, including most Sundays as agreed.
In addition to the above salary we also offer a supportive environment, development opportunities, generous annual leave, Cycle to Work Scheme and other benefits.
More searches like this
- Public Sector General Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Charity General Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Retail General Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Fashion General Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton
- Merchandising General Management Permanent Part Time jobs in Brighton