The Brightwell Dispensers Group of partner companies is a privately owned corporation specialising in the manufacture of high quality injection-molded plastic products for the health, hygiene, aviation and water treatment sectors among others. Our design and development of innovative dispensing solutions is world renowned.
We have an established apprenticeship programme designed to excite and challenge our leaders.
We have partnered with the best training colleges to provide a supported pathway that involves on the job and vocational learning.
Our apprentices can expect fully supported, quality training and a competitive salary package with increases at each learning milestone.
About the Role
As an apprentice you will be committing to a 4 year apprenticeship scheme and additional automation and robotics training, to become a Qualified Engineer with the Bright-tech Group. Apprenticeship schedule,
Up to 2 years at Crawley College obtaining a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering Operations (1day per week term time)
Up to 2 years at Crawley College obtaining a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering Operations (1day per week term time)
Main Purpose of the Role
· Adhere to company levels of safety together with good housekeeping practices, insuring that safety is of the up most importance.
· Attend the appropriate and scheduled courses and training sessions in line with the apprenticeship program.
· To implement knowledge gained through the apprenticeship program through a measured performance and task based analysis. Main Responsibilities
· To understand and adopt the business Health and Safety culture, and the use of mechanical equipment.
· Ensure production is maintained across all sites.
· Play an active role in the day to day running of the Engineering team to gain knowledge to assist in your personal development.
· Learn how to operate automated machinery with the view to being able to fault find and fix any break downs.
· Under the guidance of the trainer carry out necessary maintenance on the equipment.
· Under the guidance of your trainer assist in the manufacture of equipment required by production.
· Occasionally operate machines as determined by business needs
· Work within other departments to gain a full understanding of the business requirements and standards.
Training to be Provided:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
• Level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Engineering
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Math
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
up to 2 years
Mechanical Aptitude would be useful
Strong interest in Electronics generally
GCSE Grade D, or grade 3 or above in Maths and English
Good work ethic and willingness to learn
Good communication skills
Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Progression towards senior technician engineer role within the group
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
This position will be based in Newhaven, which has excellent local transport links or plenty of off street parking. We offer free parking.