Hastings Direct, Account Analyst
Do you have a keen interest in motor vehicles and emerging vehicle technologies?
Are you an analytically minded and highly numerate STEM graduate?
Fancy blending your interests and skills to work in a brand new role that would involve keeping your finger on the pulse of emerging vehicle trends?
If this sounds like you then please see below for further detail, you could be just what we are looking for!
Our Underwriting department is currently looking for bright and ambitious individuals who have a genuine interest in motors and want to kick off a rewarding career in analytics. This role would be of interest to analytically minded, highly numerate and data driven individuals either looking to explore a new career path, or, perhaps as a graduate, seeking their very first step on the career ladder.
The purpose of this role is to monitor & report on changes to key performance indicators, highlight any risks or opportunities that may arise through quantitative & qualitative analysis and to develop recommendations for responsive actions on behalf of Advantage Insurance. This role will focus largely on managing, analysing and pricing new and existing vehicle makes and models through internal and external research.
With a supportive team around you, this could be a fantastic development opportunity for the right candidate, and, the beginning of a career within a department known for its internal development success stories.
Your remit will include the following;
- Develop, maintain and own vehicle grouping process and communicate with internal stakeholders for sign off
- Analyse new vehicle, postcode & occupations, allocating appropriate underwriting rating groups and ensure they are consistent and up to date
- Analyse past and present performance for vehicle groups and take corrective pricing action where required
- Carry out external market research and liaise with internal stakeholders when determining vehicle specifications to determine appropriate groupings
- Build, maintain & circulate management information in a timely fashion to ensure the data is accurate and provide insightful commentary on key trends observed and actions required
- Analyse changes in claims experience, competitive position, mix of customers and other key performance indicators across the Advantage motor account. Conduct comparisons of equivalent external market data and monitor competitor activity
- Develop proposals to adjust price, underwriting footprint, and/or product coverage that create value for Advantage
- Provide case underwriting services as required in respect of large losses, VIP policies and exception reports. In each case analyse, in depth, the risk factors and customer behaviours to determine any specific issues with indemnity and gaps in the Advantage pricing & u/w rules
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues
It's our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. We focus on getting it right for our colleagues, customers, company and community. It's a dynamic, flexible, fun and constantly changing environment. You'll enjoy the scope to make a real difference for our customers, influence our company, benefit the communities we work in and have some fun along the way.
- Interest in motor vehicles, ideally including vehicle technology
- Strong qualitative & analytical skills
- Has had exposure to either R, Python or SQL, experience in other programming languages will be considered but we would expect you to have some understanding of R or Python and show an aptitude to self-develop your knowledge
- Advanced skills in the use of MS office applications (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum 2:1 in a STEM degree
- Strong knowledge of Insurance market & competitors
- Experience working within a pricing function
- Experience delivering commercial targets
- Certificate in Insurance CII
- Good understanding of case underwriting and underwriting principles
As a growing department, your role can really help make an impact on both the development and delivery of this function – it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must. Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders.
- This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment – candidates should be comfortable working within that setting.
- Great attention to detail – systematic approach to managing your workload.
- Embraces opportunities to develop and learn – shows a great level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application – email@example.com
- Flexible working opportunities working 1-2 days a week from home
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, opt in dental and healthcare cash plans
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.