UK Techtrans is a well-established translation and interpreting agency. We translate documents from and into any language as well as providing printing and interpreting solutions to clients in a variety of industries. We operate from a small office next to Hove Lagoon, which we also share with our partner company Tongue Tied, who are another translation business.
We have been experiencing considerable growth for the past several years, and now need to take on someone new to help manage the day to day work this has generated. This would be a Project Manager position, with the responsibility of looking after the management of translation projects, from the very beginning phase of dealing with a customer, establishing word counts and prices and securing the work order, through to managing the execution of the project from inception to delivery.
Full training and guidance will be given, you will work closely with our existing small team, all working together on a common pool of ongoing and new projects. Self-management and attention to detail are important, as you will be in-charge of your own work and responsible for all outcomes and results.
This position primarily revolves around the management of translation projects.
The role will begin by you working primarily with the translators to manage the execution of the translation project. You will then be introduced to client related responsibilities after training and development, and will ultimately be involved in the full management cycle of a translation project from the initial sales and negotiating aspect though to execution and completion.
We operate in conjunction with several hundred freelance translators and interpreters, so good communication and people skills, including being able to communication across different cultures, is vital.
• Liaising with clients to determine and define their requirements.
• Liaising with translators to describe the requirements and ensure suitably qualified translators are used.
• Managing costs and preparing quotations.
• Analysing and preparing documents for translation.
• Checking translated documents.
• Delivery and follow up of final documents.
• Maintaining records and databases.
• Maintaining good client relations
Other General Duties:
• Engaging with, and maintaining good Information Security Standards
• Answering office calls and providing adequate answers to queries over the phone
• Assisting with holiday cover as and when required. This can also be required of our sister company Tongue Tied, which operates from the same office.
Who We Are Looking For:
• Applicants should be able to work confidently and independently following training
• Applicants should have an interest in personal development within the Company, as they would be joining UK Techtrans at a point of significant growth.
• Applicants should have a well-rounded knowledge of IT. Familiarity with InDesign would be particularly beneficial.
• Experience of a translation business, language skills, or a secondary language is desired, but not essential for application.