We are currently recruiting for both full and part time Receptionists to join our highly successful and award winning team at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
At The Grand, we make hospitality truly meaningful. We strive to create an individual and personal experience for all our guests by delivering Exceptional Hospitality…… so individuals with engaging personalities, who recognise the detail and demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude, are a perfect match for us.
As a key front line team member, this position is a key contributor to the hotel's success - responsible for greeting all guests on arrival and ensure that their experience at the hotel is evoked with excitement making them feel welcome, comfortable and at ease.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
The ideal applicant will be an enthusiastic team player with examples of exceptional customer service, communication and excellent organisational skills. You will have at least one years experience within a similar quality hotel environment - experience of Opera is an advantage but not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• To greet all guests on arrival and ensure that their experience at the hotel is evoked with excitement and that check in is accessible and makes them feel welcome, comfortable and at ease by having fantastic communication and being confident.
• To maximise hotel room sales and occupancy by having knowledge of daily room rates and room availability and to offer upgrades on arrival when available
• Maximising revenue through the upselling of other services such as spa, afternoon tea, dinner, champagne or celebration packs.
• Taking reservations from walk in guests, ensuring that the correct registration and check in procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Dealing with guest requests and concerns professionally and effectively, resolving issues where possible.
• Maintaining relationships with other key departments such as the reservations, concierge, maintenance and Housekeeping teams, ensuring that effective communication is built up to maximise the guest experience.
If you are keen to progress your career in customer service or hotels and this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!