Itad is a consultancy company providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. The work covers a range of sectors, including natural resources, water management, HIV/AIDS, governance, aid effectiveness, and social development.
Within the broad development sector, Itad is best known for its work in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and undertakes institutional and programme evaluations as well as designing M&E systems for development institutions and government departments. For more information see our website www.itad.com
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Project Officer at Itad you will work within the Project Management Unit and are responsible for the coordination and delivery of project administration and commercial processes of your allocated projects. You will have close involvement in all project communications both with internal and external team members.
The Project Officer will be responsible for delivering Itad’s project processes across a number of technical monitoring and evaluation projects as allocated from the portfolio. The role will need to collaborate with other units and adapt to a wide variety of tasks. Being able to prioritise these tasks will be key.
The role of the Project Officer contains the following three elements:
Facilitate and support Project Managers in the delivery of a number of Itad projects, focusing on:
• Coordination of Itad project team kick off meetings, progress meetings and ongoing communication.
• Organise regular internal project reviews and following actions.
• Facilitate frequent discussions around project risk and mitigation.
• Coordinate travel bookings (flights, visas, hotels) and other logistics in collaboration with the Global Safety and Security team.
• Lead on the organisation of internal and external resources to deliver editing, formatting and proof-reading technical support.
• Support the tracking and editing of workplans with the Project Manager and other members of the project team.
Financial and Commercial Processes
Take the lead and be responsible for a number of financial and commercial processes concerning project delivery, namely:
• Lead the review and acceptance process of Itad’s supplier invoices.
• Coordinate and review sales invoices to Itad’s clients.
• Be responsible for monitoring and updating of project budgets in Itad’s financial system based on the project workplan.
• Collaborate with the Project Manager to assist with project forecasting, monitoring actual costs against budget, estimating cost to completion and client invoicing milestones.
• Lead on the payment of Itad’s sales invoices.
• Deliver various financial and commercial reports for Itad’s clients.
Be responsible for the review and delivery across a number of contract documents on behalf of the Project Manager:
• Review client and donor project contracts.
• Coordinate delivery of contracts with Itad’s suppliers.
• Secure authorised signatory approval for contract documents.
The role will also include supporting the Project Management Unit in delivering one of its business specialisms namely, delivering excellence, auditing, business operations and portfolio reporting.
Whilst the role does not include any specific line management responsibilities, it’s expected that mentoring of other Project Officers and Project Administrators is a key part of the role.
• Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
• Completes delegated tasks on time, to Itad quality standards.
• Ability to prioritise own work and work to tight deadlines.
• Good numeracy and accuracy skills.
• Good communication and listening skills both written and oral.
• Takes responsibility to build and maintain positive relationships.
• Works effectively in a team.
• Able to provide support and mentoring to other staff.
• Ability to review and summarise complex documents.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Excellent level of education, preferably in development studies or another relevant subject.
• Proven administrative skills with attention to detail.
• High level of competence with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel in particular).
• Experience of project based contracting, budgeting and forecasting.
• Experience of managing project finances within computerised accounting packages, preferably Navision.
The closing date for applications is 7th June but we will be reviewing on a rolling basis.
Please check your eligibility to live and work in the UK https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa before applying.