Department Manager - Central London - Law Firm
Practice Manager - Central London - Top 60 Law Firm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Office/Practice Manager to join a growing and forward thinking Top 60 Law firm. With their head office in Central London, you will be overseeing the complete running of the Real Estate Department, reporting directly to the Head of Department.
Alongside the responsibility of running the department, you will also be managing a team of Legal Advisers and providing full managerial duties to your team. With a strong presence across London and the South East, you will be required to regularly travel to different offices to ensure your team is running effectively.
This is a very hand's on position with a variety of duties and responsibilities; however some of the key ones are listed below:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the department
- Line Manager to the departments Legal Advisers
- Support the Head of Department in the departments finances, including budgets, forward planning, approval of expenditure and authorising payments
- Coordinating new staff inductions across the department
- Be involved with recruitment and selection, training, performance management, professional development, and appraisals
Some of the key requirements for the position are listed below:
- Previous experience working for a large multi-site firm either legal or professional services
- Exposure to a legal environment with an understanding as to how a department is run
- Experience in managing/supervising a team
- Highly organised while being able to manage your time effectively
- Prior experience with financial and people management
This role is full time permanent and offers a very competitive salary and benefits package.
If this sounds like the next steps in your career and you have the experience to excel in this role, apply via the link or contact Mike at Search Consultancy, Brighton.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.