Data Analyst Intern
Are you someone who likes to interrogate data and discover insights and learnings? Do you enjoy looking for the stories behind the numbers? If so, we have an interesting opportunity for someone at the start of their career in this fast-growing field.
National Numeracy is an independent charity established in 2012. Our aim is to enable everyone across the UK to be confident and competent in using numbers and data, to be able to make good decisions in their daily life and at work. We work with key online assessment systems with thousands of users and millions of questions answered.
This role will be working with the senior data analyst as well as the project and marketing teams, supporting them with reporting and interrogating our rich data set. We are looking for someone who has an understanding of the issues and understands the importance of what we do. This internship post comes with the appropriate support and guidance to help you gain experience in this field and there is potential to extend this into a permanent role for the right candidate.
- Maintenance of the reporting database, including:
- ownership of the overall data model,
- routine updates,
- report generation / dissemination,
- data import/exports to and from external systems.
- Creation / maintenance / dissemination of macro-driven reports in Excel.
- Ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Deal effectively and professionally with all aspects of communication, including confidential correspondence.
- Establish, manage and maintain appropriate administration processes, databases and documentation control systems, and ensure accurate, up-to-date records are maintained.
- Pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and external agencies to reflect the values of the organisation.
*This job description does not constitute a guarantee of employment
In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular MS Excel
• Query writing in MySQL (or equivalent)
• A good understanding of database design, including view creation
• Reporting and data visualisation skills
• Experience of data analysis using statistical methods
You will be
Able to work on multiple projects.
Able to prioritise tasks.
Able to adapt.
A creative thinker who is enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will have
Strong listening and communication skills.
A creative approach to problem solving
Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will ideally educated to degree level and have awareness of GDPR.
Please include a covering letter with your application telling us why you would be right for this position.