Events Assistant & Administrator
Events Assistant and Administrator
37.5 hours pw (Job share considered)
£18,420 - £19,370 depending on experience
Based at our Eastbourne office, Sovereign Harbour
St Barnabas Hospices offers specialist palliative care through two hospices: St Barnabas House provides palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including In-patient Care, Day Hospice and Community Care. Chestnut Tree House is the children's hospice reaching across Sussex and South East Hampshire. Providing care and support for children/young people and their families with life-shortening conditions.
Are you interested in getting into event management and fundraising? Then we have just the job for you!
This is a great time to join us as we have many new and exciting plans for the future and are looking to recruit an Events Assistant and Administrator as part of our expanding fundraising team.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have excellent admin and computer skills with attention to detail
- Enjoy being part of a passionate and successful team
- Have great communication skills and are happy to chat on the phone and via social media
- Love planning events and are target and results driven
- Want to develop your skills and qualifications - Training and mentoring will be provided to support your development.
- Are willing to go the extra mile
The work is varied and busy and this role is at the heart of the charity. Tasks include stewarding and supporting our Events Participants, sourcing event suppliers, helping to promote our campaigns, marketing, volunteer management, database administration and event delivery. The role requires flexibility to work some evenings and weekends in the lead up to and during events and you must have a full clean driving licence and access to a car. Based at our Eastbourne Office, there will be the need to work from other sites as required (travel will be reimbursed).
If having a rewarding and fulfilling career is top of your requirements along with working as part of a great team and making a difference to people’s lives, then this job is for you. For an informal chat about the role please contact Lindsey Horton on 07920 089106.
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th July
An enhanced DBS will be sought, if you are successful in this role. The safe recruitment of staff at St Barnabas Hospices is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults in our care. As an employer we expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in the NHS pension scheme
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free parking
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan