Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Administration Support
This is an apprenticeship position for which full on-the-job training will be provided from within the team as well as ongoing learning support via an Apprenticeship Training Provider. The post holder will work towards attaining Level 3 diploma in Business Administration (the equivalent to two A-Level passes). It is anticipated that this will be completed within the 18-month period of the contract.
Support and training provided the Apprentice Administrator will provide administrative support to the Teaching Team. This will primarily involve Coordination for Teaching Team activities, administrative support for postgraduate courses and a small amount of financial support
With the support and training provided the Apprentice Administrator will provide administrative support to the Teaching Team. This will primarily involve Coordination for Teaching Team activities, administrative support for postgraduate courses and a small amount of financial support.
Teaching Team Support Coordination
- Contributing to the effective delivery of administration for postgraduate teaching at IDS
- Supporting the Teaching Team administrative work e.g. scheduling meetings, communicating and following up the timetable for delivery of actions
- Updating Team internet and intranet web content following sign off and approval of content from the relevant owner
- Arranging team meetings and taking minutes
- Maintaining and updating teaching information and filing systems including databases e.g. recruitment monitoring, module and course evaluations, email distribution lists, etc.
- Providing general assistance to the Teaching Team, including word processing, photocopying, scanning and website content management
- Providing assistance to visitors, staff and students
Administrative support for Postgraduate courses
- Data entry and collation of module and course evaluations, including creating online surveys. Dissemination of evaluations to course and module convenors
- Inputting and checking students’ record data on University systems
- Distribution and maintenance of attendance registers for all modules
- Scheduling of lecture and seminar recording, and authorisation of student access to recordings
- Support to lecturers, tutors and visitors in use of seminar room AV equipment (training provided)
- Fulfilling requests from students and alumni for standardised letters and transcript details (if not provided by Sussex)
- Maintenance of student pigeonholes and distribution of mail to students
- Process expense claims
- Preparing and checking expenses