Contract: Part Time, Permanent, 38 weeks per year, Term-time only
Hours of Work: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 09:15 am – 5:15 pm
Salary: £23-£24k pro-rata (based on an equivalent 35-hour p/w, 52 weeks per year full-time post)
Closing Date: Sunday 21st July 2019
Interview Date: Friday 26th July 2019
Dv8 Sussex is seeking an English tutor to teach Functional Skills English (E3 to L2) at our Brighton Centre. The English Tutor will deliver the English curriculum to L2 and L3 learners on vocational programmes.
Start date: w/c 2nd September 2019, with the term starting for students on 16 th September 2019.
Teaching Learning and Assessment
- Plan, deliver and assess English Functional Skills provision across vocational areas.
- Ensure that all student pre-enrolment information and initial assessment information is used to plan for effective delivery and differentiation of learning.
- Feed-into, and contribute to ILPs, student live files and 1-2-1 progress reviews to support English learning and evidence progress for every learner.
- Ensure assessment of learning is on-going, effective and delivered as per the assessment plan on the Scheme of Work.
- Support with basic administration with Functional Skills online testing.
- Support vocational staff to ensure that English is embedded throughout the curriculum and that opportunities to embed literacy skills are built into all curricula.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of learner attendance on Arbor register system.
- Report to Curriculum Area Lead on a regular basis regarding learner progress and predicted achievement.
- Ensure all course delivery and assessment meets the criteria set out by awarding bodies and within ESFA study programme funding guidelines
- Ensure that student profile information from the admissions process is used to develop and inform curriculum design, and the planning for learning.
- Create a positive environment for learning and set high expectations for learners regarding attendance, punctuality, engagement and achievement.
- Attend and play an active part in weekly Course Meetings.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. The post holder will be expected to undertake other tasks and duties commensurate with the role.
- Liaise with parents and carers as and when required to support student achievement.
- In collaboration with teaching teams, put in place clear action plans for students identified as at risk of non-achievement in English
- Hold a formal teaching qualification at level 4 (CTLLS or equivalent) or above, or be willing to work towards a qualification.
- Preferably hold a Degree level qualification (ideally in a related sector area)
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of teaching English Functional Skills
- A demonstrable record of success in previous roles.
- Up to date knowledge of the subject area, syllabus requirements and appropriate teaching techniques; an awareness of requirements of awarding bodies.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanisms for the identification, assessment and support of learner needs
- Understanding of equality and diversity within the curriculum, barriers to learning and strategies to overcome these
Personal attributes and qualities
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good IT skills
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- The ability to make a contribution to the development of the curriculum and resources.
- The suitability to work with children and young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, to be flexible, thorough and accurate.
- A commitment to provide an outstanding and inspirational service to staff and students.
- A commitment to Dv8’s core values, with particular focus on student success through high-quality teaching, learning and assessment.
To apply for this position, please visit our website and complete an application form: https://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/