Lettings Negotiator/Property Manager
Lettings Negotiator/Property Manager
Brighton & Hove Office
Requirement To Travel or Work At Other Locations
Use of a company branded company car for business appointments with the Brighton & Hove and surrounding area.
Hours Of Work
9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday with one hour and a quarter for lunch.
Ellmans is a well-established and growing agent covering all aspects of residential lettings and block property management. We are looking for a proactive and versatile individual to join our Lettings team, who is passionate about the property industry and keen to expand their career and knowledge of the industry. We promote a fast paced, professional and high energy working environment which encourages you to achieve your goals and increase your earning potential.
The Lettings Negotiator/Property Manager will take full responsibility for the efficient and accurate running of a designated lettings property portfolio. Working as part of the letting team the job holder will provide excellent customer service to landlords, tenants, contractors and internal colleagues in order to retain clients and strengthen the positive reputation of the company.
Main Responsibilities / Duties
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with landlords, tenants, contractors and colleagues.
- Marketing Landlords properties to attract new Tenants and updating company website and social media accounts, with new and existing properties, monitoring results to keep current and most effective.
- Preparing new properties for advertising, taking photos, making floorplans and create descriptions.
- Considering tenant applications, carrying out referencing and preparing legal paperwork.
- Preparing tenancy agreements/contracts for authorisation.
- Collecting fees, the first month’s rent and deposit. Liaise with the accounts department to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Prepare an inventory and schedule of condition before the tenant moves in.
- Liaising with Tenants and Landlords, negotiating offers.
- Book appointments and carry out viewings for a designated residential lettings portfolio, engage Trainee’s where appropriate.
- Listing Tenant requirements and property matching.
- Updating of specified areas of the property management database.
- Co-ordinate repairs and maintenance work, instructing a tradesman to attend the property if required.
- Inspecting the property at agreed intervals. Preparing reports.
- Carrying out property inspections at the end of the tenancy and write brief for any works that may need doing to refurbish property back up to standard.
- Contact utility suppliers to inform of change of occupant.
- Ensuring tenant / contractor / landlord compliance with statutory and contractual obligations.
- Coordinate gas safety certificates, electrical certificates and EPCs
- Provide front office support, dealing with face to face visitors, telephone and e-mail enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Positively promoting the company brand and build the company’s reputation.
- Handle complaints and difficult people in a professional manner to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ensure own knowledge and skills are up-to-date and relevant to the requirements of the role.
- Represent the Company at functions, if required.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a Letting Negotiator or Letting Property Manager role or completion of a relevant trainee/apprenticeship is essential.
- Level 3 Residential Letting & Property Management Certificate ARLA Property Mark (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Clear verbal, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Negotiation skills and proven track record.
- Accurate computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Competent and confident car driver.
- Customer service skills including excellent telephone manner, handling complaints and difficult people in a professional manner.
- Effective diary management.
- Ability to build excellent/lasting working relationships.
- Proactive and demonstrates a “can do” approach.
- Customer focused.
- Self motivated and shows initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, priorities workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised with ability to handle a number of different issues at one time and carry out tasks to a successful conclusion.
- Team player / happy to help and support other team members, across the business, with all aspects when required.
- Excellent time-keeping.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Smart professional and personal presentation.
- Willing to learn from others.