Business Support Apprentice
Would you like a chance to learn and or develop your business and administrations skills?
Brighton & Hove City Council’s Business Support Team within Legal Services have an exciting opportunity for a level three apprentice in Business Administration. The Department is a large in house practice, based at Hove Town Hall. We deal with a wide variety of legal issues including property, litigation, planning, the environment, contracts and procurement and Child and Adult protection.
The Business Administrator Apprenticeship at level three is run by East Sussex College who are responsible for supporting you with your learning. As part of your apprenticeship programme you will complete an end point assessment delivered by external provider. The course has core modules to complete and a number of optional units. Your work experience will be linked to the modules and units in your course. You will receive additional support from a nominated mentor, throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship.
Apprentices will gain knowledge
- In using and supporting others to use various ICT business software solutions used within Legal Services
- In using legal case management software and systems to record information, open and report on matters, time recording process and some system administration
- In financial processing to including the creation of purchase orders and payment of invoices, banking of income.
- In using spreadsheets to record and monitor data
- In developing communication skills, both written and spoken and your own personal and professional development
- Managing their own time and some project work
Apprentices without evidence of level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completing training and you may be required to take an English and Maths assessment prior to a formal offer being made.
Flexible working is supported where possible, local government salary-related pension offered, a child care voucher scheme as well the benefits of gaining staff discounts around the City and through many of the UK’s largest retailers and accessing other services. As an Apprentice you are also eligible to gain an apprentice NUS card and can take advantage of the Catch the bus4work scheme.
Deadline for Applications: midnight, 23 July
Interviews: 1 August
Please note, your application may be shared with the training provider.
The duration of the apprenticeship will be 2 years