Office Administrator Apprentice
Southdowns Environmental Consultants Ltd. is seeking a reliable office administrator to work in its Lewes office to support the business office through:
- The provision of ongoing administrative services to support to the Acting Operations Manager, Accounts and HR Support, the Directors, Consultants and other nominated company representatives
- Working closely with and assist the Acting Operations Manager, Accounts and HR Support, Directors and Consultants in providing cost effective administrative support in accordance with good professional practice, company policy and standards
Principal accountabilities include:
- General office and reception duties, including answering and forwarding telephone calls or telephone messages, filing, post and administration of office correspondence and project deliverables
- Provision of administrative services and support to Operations Manager, Accounts and HR staff, Directors, Consultants and other nominated company representatives
- Assisting with project start-ups, checking project references, recording project closures and archiving. Printing, photocopying and binding reports
- Maintaining office and kitchen supplies for both the Lewes and London offices, and providing refreshments for office staff and visitors
- Development, update and maintenance of office databases, time management systems and IT inventory
- Providing day to day support to the Operations Manager and Accounts & HR Support to ensure the ongoing maintenance of the CRM system and implementation of the office procedures
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- An ability to follow Company procedures to meet project quality, financial, reporting and time constraints
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good social media skills preferred
- Desire to learn
- Hard working
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good team player
- A*-C/9-4 GCSE or equivalent in English
- A*-C/9-4 GCSE or equivalent in maths
For the right candidate, opportunities may be available to continue with the company following the administrative/operations pathway.
Things to consider
The post is based in Lewes near to the mainline railway station with good connections to Brighton, Seaford, Eastbourne and Burgess Hill, with some occasional travel to the London office possible.
Any potential employees must ensure that they are able to work the full working day within the hours of 09.00am – 17:30pm, as reception duties are a core part of the role, punctuality is imperative.
An ability to be flexible on occasion around normal working hours to meet the Office Manager’s, Directors’ and Consultants’ needs.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Annual wage - £12,000.00
Working week - 09:00am - 17.30pm, days to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected duration - 13 months
Possible start date - 01 Aug 2019
Date posted - 02 Jul 2019
Apprenticeship level - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Positions - 1 available
About the employer
Southdowns is one of the UK's leading independent firms of acoustics, noise, vibration, dust and air quality consultants providing specialist technical and advisory services to clients throughout the UK and overseas.
With an impressive portfolio of projects, a track record in delivering clients' objectives and a team of specialists tailored to resource both large and small scale projects, Southdowns' reputation is built upon the simple principles of expertise, client focus, delivery, quality and added value.
Since its formation in 1996, the company has worked on hundreds of projects throughout the UK and overseas for clients in both the public and private sector and has achieved approved supplier status to many major companies in the UK. We are constantly looking to establish longer term relationships with organisations seeking to secure high quality services within its supply chain.
Customers frequently comment on our client focus, our range of expertise, our ability to work across teams, our flexibility and speed of delivery. We have a reputation for presenting well researched and robust arguments and have achieved a high level of success in helping clients succeed in their project objectives.
Employer Southdowns Environmental Consultants
Address 16 Station Street