Business Adminstration Apprentice
• To receive files from Procurement Specialists after orders have been placed and check to ensure complete and compliant.
• To chase suppliers to ensure orders are compliant and completed on time.
• To ensure correct Country of Origin certification and MSDS information is available.
• To carry out operational tasks in line with company procedures.
• To ensure continuous reduction of process and data errors impacting orders.
• To utilise the company database to complete booking-in, stock and incoming receipt of materials and to record all relevant information and comments.
• To ensure status reports are updated and appropriately distributed.
• To liaise with customers and suppliers as required using the most appropriate method, e.g. phone or email.
• To expedite suppliers to ensure they comply with purchase order instructions e.g. packing and the provision of photographs.
• To ensure payment requests and pro-forma/order acknowledgements are correct and on file.
• To handle and appropriately report any discrepancies on order, including over/under supply.
• To assist with warehouse coordination including booking in and collation of orders.
• To communicate effectively with all colleagues to ensure the smooth operation of the department and to minimise delays and errors.
Training to be Provided:
Assessor visits to workplace
Computer literate, good written communication (email), good telephone manner.
Maths and English GCSE grade A-C preferable
We are looking for a pro-active, positive, reliable individual who can work with accuracy and has good attention to detail. We are keen to find someone who is interested in a career in Supply Chain and logistics, who is able to listen carefully and follow instructions.
Full time position, further Supply Chain / Procurement qualifications
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2019. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
** Annual staff party, free tea and coffee, dress down on Fridays (Jeans trainers etc allowed). Upon completion of probation: Contribution to gym membership, life insurance**
Free car and bike parking on site
Buses 100 or 20 stop very close to the office
15 mins walk from Three Bridges Rail Station