Landscaping Brick Apprentice
Inspired Gardens is a Sussex based design, build, plant and maintenance company.
We pride ourselves on providing the highest levels of service right from enquiry to job sign off.
As a company, we want ambitious, keen and positive members to join our team, with the aim to progress employees to push them to the reach their full potential.
We offer a top end product but also want to keep the fun and laid back area to the business with regular socials and competitions.
The job role is to build and maintain hard and soft landscaping.
We are offering jobs in many different areas, so any interest in gardens - be it brickwork, stone walling, patios, planting, fencing or garden maintenance then we can offer positions.
The job role will also include:
- - Erecting Masonry Structures
- - Setting Out Masonry Structures
- - Moving, Handling and Storing Resources
- - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare
- - Conforming to Productive Working Practices
Training to be Provided:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations.
• Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying - on site assessment
Functional Skills - weekly sessions delivered at college:
• Level 1 - English
• Level 1 - Maths
• Employment rights and responsibilities (ERR) - workbook
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - workbook
About the course
An assessor will liaise with the Employer and the Apprentice to co-ordinate the different aspects of the Apprenticeship programme.
Apprentices will be allocated their own Assessor who will visit them regularly in the workplace to assess the NVQ Diploma, which is the competence based element of the Intermediate Apprenticeship.
The knowledge based element and the Functional Skills will be delivered through day release at college.
Mandatory units are:
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
Good time management skills to ensure all work given is completed.
Will consider all applicants
Punctuality, listening to instruction, polite and presentable, motivated, ambitious, positive and keen to learn
Full time positions in the business, with routes to progress to becoming team leaders or managers.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Employees will need to get to our office which is based in Hassocks, 10 minutes from the station.