Business Development Executive
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Business Development Executive to join a UK leading insurance broker. Based in Hove, you will be an integral part to the sales team's success while being on the front line of client interaction.
As the BDE, you will develop leads, provide quotes and convert in line with their individual and team targets in line with monthly and annual targets. This will be a fast paced sales role that will be a great step to getting into the insurance industry.
This is full time, permanent position and offers a salary £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience with uncapped commission OTE £35k to £55k.
Location: Hove, East Sussex
Duties and responsibilities:
* Daily, weekly and monthly management and growth of the care home portfolio meeting and exceeding the growth strategy.
* Dealing with premiums up to £15000
* Underwrite and consider each risk before presenting to insurers, the Schemes Manager and authorised signatories.
* Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales targets
* Identification and development of new business opportunities.
* Cross selling and increasing profitability of existing product lines by encouraging clients to use added value services wherever possible.
* Generate Energy and Telecoms leads meeting monthly set targets.
* Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale, negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
* Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, completing Statement of Fact (SOF) thus ensuring that all customers' demands and needs are taken into account.
* Updating TAM at all customer touchpoints to ensure valid MI can be taken out of the system and supports SLA's and KPI's.
* Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients, insurers and brokers.
* Providing mentoring and guidance to fellow colleagues and team members.
* Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with New Business and wider team.
* Achieve 95% pass rates for internal and external audits.
* Completion of training and development hours to support CPD and CII including mandatory modules via Broker Assess to comply with FCA regulation.
* Following TCF principles and applying FCA's 6 key outcomes to your role
* Ensure all statutory and company legislation is followed to protect clients, colleagues and business interest.
To be successful:
* Working towards or prepared to study for CII exams.
* Previous commercial insurance experience to include open market broking is desirable.
* Proven experience in managing relationships with customers, insurers and key stakeholders.
* Active and working knowledge of FCA compliance.
* Articulate and presentable with the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
* Capable of working on own initiative and managing own workload effectively
* Able to work co-imperatively with New Business team and wider team members.
* Adaptability and management of the continual changes within the insurance landscape
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Competent with Microsoft office suite, word, excel, outlook and databases.
If you are interested in getting a foot into the insurance industry apply now.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.