Job Title: Probate Executive
Our client is looking to recruit a Probate Executive. To provide the probate team leader with assistance in managing all aspects of probate files and in administering estates through a newly developed bespoke probate case management system.
Key Result Areas:
1. Preparation of all probate documentation to be generated through the ISOKON probate case management system under the supervision of the probate team leader. Such documentation will include;
- Initial correspondence to clients
- Letters to beneficiaries and executors and any other third parties
- Managing responses from third parties
- Sending out correspondence to the probate registry
- Dealing with tax returns
- Account reconciliation
- Preparation of estate accounts
- Payments to residuary beneficiaries
- To ensure ISOKON is continually updated with client information to enable accurate probate documentation to generated through the system
- To set up new files and close completed files accurately and in accordance with the firm's file management procedures
- To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, ensuring enquiries are either dealt with or passed to the team leader without unnecessary delay
- To undertake any other duties relating to probate work which from time to time may be allocated
Contact and Communication
- This role will involve both telephone and direct client contact, in most cases with clients who have recently lost someone close to them and as such a high degree of sensitivity, tact and professionalism is required at all times. The role will also involve a high volume of correspondence with clients, most of which is generated through ISOKON following the initial inputting of the information, therefore accuracy and attention to detail is fundamental to maintain the firm's quality service to clients.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic understanding of probate processes and procedures.
- Some experience working within a probate department and a basic understanding of probate processes and procedures is necessary for the role.
- Previous experience of using case management systems is essential
- Highly tuned organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to empathise with clients
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Meticulous attention to detail and accurate typing ability
- Positive and proactive approach to developing probate processes and procedures
- Excellent IT skills
- Good numerical skills required for understanding the probate system's account package and in order to understand client account reconciliation
- Planning and Organising
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Building Relationships and Team-Working
- Client Care
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.