2nd Line Service Desk Technician
At our Bexhill office, we now have an opportunity for a 2nd line service desk technician to join the team.
This role has responsibility for the registration (where applicable), resolution or escalation of incidents reported to the Service Desk (business & IT related) requiring 2nd line intervention and the execution of IBM AS400 , HP Blade, HP 3-PAR and general IT Infrastructure operations as necessary to maintain business as usual activities.
About the role
· Answer (where applicable) and address appropriate volume of Service Desk calls on a first call basis in relation to experience, capability and skill-set.
· Ensure all incidents and requests are captured with accuracy in appropriate Service Desk application(s).
· Maintain, in a timely manner, all call logs in relation to Incidents, Problems and Service Requests.
· Initiate appropriate incident and problem escalation to correct team / person in a timely manner where FTF (First Time Fix) unavailable / inappropriate.
· Drive FTF (First Time Fix) capability to 1st Line through appropriate documentation, coaching and mentoring
· Action of scheduled operational procedures in a timely, quality conscious and appropriate manner, including running nightly jobs, backup management and system checks, to ensure high availability to all users.
· Experience of Microsoft Office suite 2003/2007/2010, especially Outlook.
· Good knowledge of troubleshooting issues on windows XP/7 clients.
· Relevant quantifiable hands-on experience of service provisioning through Service Desk and/or technical support function(s).
· Understanding IBM and HP desktop and server hardware technologies.
· Understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies (LAN, WAN, etc)
· Minimum: English & Maths GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
· Minimum: 1 Microsoft MCP certification or equivalent
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
If this sounds like you then please don't hesitate and apply today!