We are currently recruiting for a full time Receptionist to join our highly successful team at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
As a key front line team member you should have a warm, personable nature and a can do attitude. You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent delivery.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme and incentive programme (including cinema tickets, free dinner & afternoon tea, cash rewards), discounted use of hotel facilities, workplace pension & life assurance, employee assistance programme, and a high street, local attraction & retail perks and discount programme.
In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed. In return we will offer you second to none career opportunities.
To be successful in your application for the position of Receptionist, it is vital you possess the following:
The ideal applicant will be an enthusiastic team player with examples of excellent customer service and communication skills. Ideally you will have at least one years experience within a similar quality hotel environment - experience of Opera is an advantage but not essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• To greet all guests on arrival and ensure that their experience at the hotel is evoked with excitement and that check in is accessible and makes them feel welcome, comfortable and at ease by having fantastic communication and being confident.
• To maximise hotel room sales and occupancy by having knowledge of daily room rates and room availability and to offer upgrades on arrival when available
• Maximising revenue through the upselling of other services such as spa, afternoon tea, dinner, champagne or celebration packs.
• Taking reservations from walk in guests, ensuring that the correct registration and check in procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Dealing with guest requests and concerns professionally and effectively, resolving issues where possible.
• Maintaining relationships with other key departments such as the reservations, concierge, maintenance and Housekeeping teams, ensuring that effective communication is built up to maximise the guest experience.