This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring Hairdresser to join a small and friendly team at an established salon that puts great emphasis on client experience and comfort. You will learn whilst you earn, helping you to prepare for the challenges that may face you in your future career in Hair & Beauty.
Antonio Hair Design are a family run business where we like to take our time with each client, getting to know them not just their hair. It is essential that the right applicant is teachable and willing to work individually and as a team member.
- Keeping all areas of the salon clean and tidy & sweeping the floor/putting items away.
- Greeting our clients, taking their jackets and providing refreshments as required (tea/coffee etc)
- Preparing clients for the stylist through shampooing, treatments, and applying their gown
- Assisting stylists by cutting foils, preparing equipment & hair products & watching and learning from our established stylists
By your second year, you will have been listening & learning from the receptionist with the aim of taking telephone bookings and face-to-face bookings.
There will be the opportunity to put into practice both the theory that you learn at college and the practical knowledge learnt from observing our stylists. You will have use of models on the shop floor; eventually getting the opportunity to deal with real clients at the college and at the salon itself.
- 15% off retail products.
- Free Tea & Coffee
Training to be Provided:
This Apprenticeship Standard will include the City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals as the mandatory qualification.
With support from Crawley College, the Apprentice will be required to complete:
- A portfolio of evidence for each unit (logbook)
- The knowledge and understanding requirements (written and/or on-line exams and oral questions)
The Diploma for Hair Professionals covers all of the core knowledge and skills needed to become a competent Hairdresser. It will provide the learner with the opportunity to develop skills in the following areas:
- Customer service
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair
You will be required to undertake Maths & English Functional Skills and Pass at Level 1, but also attempt to pass L2 (unless exempt with GCSEs)
You will also be required to complete a End Point Assessment in the form of a practical assignment and oral questioning.
A good knowledge of English and Maths is desirable but not essential as training will be delivered at College
Priority will be given to your personal qualities and desire to learn, Ideally you will be ; friendly, polite, reliable, caring, and have a positive attitude.
The opportunity to earn a position as a full time stylist with us is dependent on what you can offer the company throughout your training.
There is also the potential for you to progress onto level 3 Hair Dressing or a course in Barbering
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Located Centrally in Crawley Town with great transport links, No on-site parking