Job Title: IT Helpdesk
Our client is looking to recruit a competent IT Helpdesk to be responsible for offering support and technical assistance, primarily to internal customers within the business. Helping to troubleshoot a range of issues across software, hardware, or other computer systems.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps into the IT world. You will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop. Previous IT experience, qualifications or Internships would be desirable.
A good technical knowledge and the ability to communicate issues in both technical and non-technical terms is essential, as well as a customer-oriented attitude and the willingness to learn new technical skills and business knowledge.
- Provide 2nd line helpdesk support to customers within the business via email, phone and in person.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems across software, hardware, or other computer systems.
- Learn and understand bespoke software used by the business and support customers' technical issues with them.
- Follow up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Install or change software to keep our infrastructure up to date and to fix issues.
- Install and configure computer systems for new customers in the business.
- Escalate unresolved issues to senior technicians or 3rd line support when necessary.
- Monitor and report on service performance.
- Record events and problems and their resolutions in logs.
- Document and publish self-help documents for customers to troubleshoot issues independently.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to existing procedures.
- Have the drive to self-improve both independently and with the assistance of the business
- Work closely with the rest of the IT team to provide helpdesk support in a timely manner.
- Support senior technicians in resolved high priority cases.
- Assist in generating reports on the performance of helpdesk and analyse the common complaints and issues that are raised.
- Contribute ideas to and participate in existing and future IT projects.
- Attend regular stand-ups and team meetings to keep informed of team objectives and progress.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Familiarity with Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems.
- A logical thinker.
- Patience and analytical skills to learn and support bespoke software.
- Passion for technology and enthusiasm to improve efficiency of systems.
- Great interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both technical and non-technical language.
- Ability to stay calm and productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
For more information please contact Stacey Croucher at Clearline Recruitment.