Sales Assistant / General Assistant Apprenticeship
We are a small and friendly team based in Newhaven and are currently looking for an apprentice to fill our company’s need for a sales operative/general assistant.
This role is to support our existing sales team by using our existing customer base to help improve sales and our services. Once confidant at this role the applicant can then add the task of sourcing new cusomers to improve our existing customer base.
This role will be a mix of duties such as:
General Sales Duties:
- Taking/making phone calls and emails to existing and new customers – to begin with this will be mainly talking with existing customers to gain confidence
- Taking care of the customers’ needs and trying to make the most out of our customer base
- The possibility of dipping into marketing by the creation and sending of a company promotional newsletter / offers etc.
- Helping to support our existing sales team Taking orders, creating sales estimates, sales orders, sales invoices and as skills increase this could lead to taking online payments
General Assistant Roles:
- Answering telephone in a friendly and professional manor
- Develop and maintain general customer service skills
- When needed should be able to help process orders, this will include picking, checking and the packing of orders
- Workspace and warehouse maintenance – Keeping their work space clean and clear, sweeping/vacuuming the floors to promote general workplace tidiness
- The candidate will be working as part of a team but may have to work on their own if needed. Training will be provided.
Please email Ollie.Drake@leadsdirect.co.uk with your application as well as applying through the “Find an Apprenticeship” website.
If your application is approved, we will then book an informal telephone interview, if successful we can then arrange a visit to the site with the additional option of a work trial to see if this would be something you would like to proceed with.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to be computer literate and by this we mean you should be able to use computers and Microsoft packages
- You will need to have English and maths
- Your time keeping needs to be excellent
- We want you to be able work well as part of a team and to have good communication skills
- You will fit in well with our team if you are outgoing, friendly and polite
You don't need any particular qualifications but we'd like you to be positive and enthusiastic.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship we are expecting to be able to offer a permanent position.
Things to consider
We are located in Newhaven East Sussex and are accessible by public transport, train (either Newhaven Harbour or Newhaven Town) and bus (Newhaven Harbour station being at the end of the road with a short walk). We don’t have private parking as the forecourt is used mainly for moving pallets both in and out but there is parking available in one of the many side roads.
About the employer Employer
Leads Direct are a small and growing team based in Newhaven, East Sussex. We source, manufacture, distribute and service products for all kinds of companies and sectors including manufactureing, medical, military, aerospace, industrial, musicm, viedo and computer industries. We mainly supply B2B (Business to Business) throughout the UK and also worldwide but do supply to end users.
We have a client base with thousands of active customers. We ship small parcels, multiple box consignments and pallet loads of goods all over the world.
89 Railway Road
Training to be provided
You will receive a visit from your tutor to the workplace on a regular basis who will deliver the training on a one-to-one basis. You will have 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning which includes, learning from colleagues, gaining product knowledge, being mentored as well as learning from your tutor. The level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship is a 13 month programme and you may have English and maths included in the programme.
Apprenticeship standard Customer service practitioner
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact 030 300 39777