Food and Beverage Apprentice
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Use your initiative to determine customers’ needs
- Take an enthusiastic and positive approach to providing excellent customer service
- Take feedback from customers seriously and actively improve your own customer service in line with our business standards
- Proactively support the reputation of the business Handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
- Prepare and organise your own work by promptly arriving for shifts, communicating at team meetings and following brand guidelines and procedures
- Clearly communicate relevant and useful information on products and services based on a clear understanding of customers’ needs
- Actively promote the unique selling points of the business and special offers available and promotions to customers
- Use technology responsibly and take an interest in new developments that relate to your own job role
- Work with integrity in a safe, honest and trustworthy manner putting personal safety and that of others first
Days and shifts to be confirmed by the employer.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Weekly wage £150.00
Expected duration 13 months
Possible start date 01 Oct 2019
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Positions 4 available
Requirements and prospects
- Able to carry a tray of drinks and food without mishap
- Able to be active for long periods of time
- Good level of spoken English
- Take a friendly and outgoing approach
- Enjoy talking and interacting with others and communicating according to the business brand standard
- Demonstrate pride in your own work and be aware of the impact of you behaviour on the team
- Operate in a fair and professional manner
- To have good personal hygiene and a smart appearance
GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English
We would anticipate that on completion of the apprenticeship you will continue your career with The Langham Hotel.
About the employer
The Langham Hotel is n AA four star hotel on Eastbourne’s historic seafront and has 77 bedrooms, and the Conservatory Restaurant overlooking the beach. The hotel has been in existence for over 100 years and is a perfect place for afternoon tea in the lounge or to host a special event including parties and weddings.
We hold many events at the hotel during the year and welcome visitors from all over the world. We pride ourselves in customer service and have a strong reputation of delivering above and beyond for customers.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required) End-Point Assessment (EPA) You will be working full time in the hotel whilst learning from your tutor/assessor who will deliver one-to-one training for you on a regular basis. You will also learn from your colleagues and other team members.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
030 300 39474