Working week: 07.30am – 16.30pm flexible, Monday to Friday. Total hours per week: 42.50 (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Weekly wage £191.25
Expected duration 24 months
Possible start date 06 Nov 2019
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Cheesmur Building Contractors have a time served bricklayer whose wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm for the trade, must be imparted onto an apprentice who is keen, enthusiastic and willing to learn from a true professional. As a bricklayer, you can expect to be involved in a whole host of activities including laying bricks; stone; concrete blocks, flints and other building components to construct new external walls; internal partitions; arches; substructure coursing and other structures.
As an apprentice bricklayer you can potentially expect to work on the following as part of your apprenticeship:
- Work from plans and specifications
- Assist in setting out
- Lay various masonry media, including ensuring that vertical and horizontal alignment
- Use various tools and brick-cutting machines to cut and shape bricks
- Construct arches and ornamental brickwork
- Repair and maintain clay bricks, cement blocks/bricks and related structures
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to listen and follow instructions
- Takes pride in your work and what you do
- A customer focused approach
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn An appreciation of health, safety and welfare
- Commitment to the Cheesmur ethos and achieving the best product for our Clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a flexible approach to work
- Honesty, integrity and commitment
- Self-motivated and a keen interest in construction, but particularly bricklaying
- Having transport would be an advantage
Good GCSE or equivalent grades in maths and English are desirable.
Career progression is available to the appropriate and committed candidate.
Things to consider
Cheesmur Building Contractors are based at Beddingham, with no public transport in close proximity. Sites are principally located across East & West Sussex and we will make every effort to accommodate the candidates travel requirements but cannot always accommodate taking the party to site in a company vehicle.
Cheesmur Building Contractors ethos is based on a family business and offers opportunities for personal development for those who commit to the work.
Cheesmur Building Contractors offer the following benefits – some subject to the satisfactory completion of a probation period:
20 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays We are part of the bike to work scheme We offer subsidised gym membership (limited locations) Two times salary death in service The wages are £4.50 per hour subject to candidate.
About the employer
J Cheesmur & Sons (Lewes) Ltd
Cheesmur Building Contractors is a multi-award winning SME based in Sussex, specialising in educational, residential and commercial construction, maintenance and refurbishment, facilities management services and heritage restoration. Through continued staff development and their contributions, Cheesmur’s award winning team provides a collaborative and proactive ethos engendered in the company mission statement to deliver “traditional values in a changing world”.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact Employer Training 030 300 39777
Training to be provided
Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass) Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Competency) Level 2 Extended Diploma in Bricklaying (Knowledge) Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt
Apprenticeship framework Construction Building