Business Administration Apprentice
Monday to Friday, between 09.00 - 17.00. Some evening work is required. Total hours per week: 37.00
Monthly wage £625.30
Expected duration 13 months
Possible start date 21 Oct 2019
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
MYT exists to improve the life chances of young people. This post is critical to achieving outcomes for young people and communities in East Sussex in line with the Theory of Change (currently being reviewed).
Located within the MY Trust East Sussex and the Youth Employability Service, the Business Admin Apprentice has an important role within the team. The role is key to supporting the Youth Support Advisers and Skills and Employability Advisers with the work of helping young people that find it difficult to enter, or stay in, education, employment and/or training. The role also supports the Service’s work in finding out what young people are up to across the county (we call this tracking).
The Apprentice will be expected to assist on general administration tasks across the team to enable the smooth and efficient running of the MY Trust Hub offices. The post holder will provide reception cover in the Hubs and will be the important first point of contact for those accessing these offices. They will also be the voice of YES when completing tracking calls, so their role is essential for creating a good relationship and service offer for young people.
Impact and service delivery:
- Contribute to the creation vibrant MYT hubs which are accessible to young people, partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure accurate client record keeping using our client databases
- Maintain an up to date library of local labour market information, opportunities and resources to aid young people’s progression
- Always show professionalism and a positive attitude when engaging with young people and partners
- Comply with policies that support equality of opportunity and actively aim to work in an anti-discriminatory way
- To maintain the petty cash, informing the YES Team Leader when petty cash is required
- To co-ordinate the day to day appointments of Advisers
- To monitor office stationery and order through the agreed mechanism for across the county, specifically the Hastings and Eastbourne Hubs
- To minute take at team meetings and circulate out to the team To carry out telephone, email and social media tracking
- To meet targets for contracted and commissioned work as identified through your manager
- To engage with young people to join specific programs through the ‘tracking’ process
- Show a willingness to work flexible hours (some projects will involve evening/weekend working)
- To undertake and complete an apprenticeship qualification at the relevant level and in the most appropriate framework, currently provided by East Sussex College Group (ESCG) Undertake any other duties as may from time to time be required Effective teamwork:
- Prepare for and contribute to Line Management Review with Team Leaders
- Participate in mandatory training required by the MY Trust and any assessments required by ESCG Policy:
- The postholder is expected to work within MYT’s policies and procedures, to help shape and develop them and in doing to so to champion safeguarding, diversity and safe working practice Other duties:
As an employee, there is an expectation that the postholder from time to time may get involved in all aspects of the organisation and its work The postholder will be flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends and across East Sussex as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to follow straightforward oral and written instructions
- Ability to build rapport and foster good working relationships with colleagues, clients and external stakeholders where necessary
- Demonstrable ability to understand the needs of customers/stakeholders and adapt the service accordingly
- Ability to exchange straightforward information, orally and in writing
- Can demonstrate some understanding of the organisation’s aims and objectives and how their role supports these
- Ability to identify any potential gaps in your knowledge and take ownership for your own development plan
- Ability to follow simple instructions and make straightforward decisions to ensure work is completed Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Ability to identify and solve potential problems within your own area of responsibility
- Previous experience of having limited responsibility for organisational resources such as limited handling or processing of information, or the careful use of low value office equipment
- Limited experience of handling financial resources, such as processing invoices or handling small amounts of cash
- Respect for the diversity of MYT staff, volunteers, partners and young people
- Good level of written and IT skills (including MS Office)
- An enthusiasm to support all young people aged 15-19 An interest in administrative tasks with some demonstrable experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer focussed approach Commitment to continuous learning
- Commitment to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to travel to our offices in Hastings and Eastbourne
Literate and numerate to level 2 (or be willing to work towards).
There may be opportunities to continue with the organisation after the apprenticeship either in a further, higher level apprenticeship or as a Youth Support Adviser.
Things to consider
The role is based at our Eastbourne office which is located in the town centre. The office is easily accessible by train or bus.
As an MY Trust employee we can offer you an environment that allows creativity and a voice in the development of the charity. We also understand the value of continued learning and opportunities to develop within the organisation. We are proud to say that as an ‘Investor in People Gold’ employer we know that having a good working environment is important to enable our employees to grow and flourish.
We believe that a happy workforce presents itself in the delivery of services that we offer young people. As a Hear by Right Gold Award organisation we understand that the voice of our beneficiaries is central to the development of MY Trust. A combined motivated workforce and an active youth voice in the organisation enables MY Trust to deliver projects and programmes at an exceptionally high level.
About the employer
The My Trust
The MY Trust exists to improve thelife chances of young people. this post is critical to achieving outcomes for young people and communities in East Sussex in line withthe Theory of change (currently being reviewed).
5 Chiswick Place
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact Penny Shearer 030 300 39265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided
Level 2 - Business and Administration framework Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) Function Skills, if required You will be work based and your tutor will come to your workplace to deliver one-to-one training during your work time.
You will have up to 20% of your paid time in 'off the job' learning which covers a range of activities that develop your skills in Business Administration.
This apprenticeship is expected to be 18 months in duration.
Apprenticeship framework Business and Administration