Commis Chef Apprentice
Working week 40 Hours (to be discussed at interview) Total hours per week: 40.00
Weekly wage £180.00
Expected duration 15 months
Possible start date 28 Oct 2019
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for your section daily this will include vegetables, grill, fish and meats.
- Under supervision you will ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are always the highest quality.
- Ensure and control levels of guest satisfaction, food quality and operations within set food costs for your section.
- Under supervision you will confidently learn and perfect the creation of our dishes for one section in the kitchen (side or veg) ensuring food is cooked and presented correctly, always to the agreed company specification
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry Be flexible and you will be working towards running your section of the kitchen competently and independently.
- Support your colleagues in all areas of the kitchen team’s responsibilities, ensuring good teamwork.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, cooking is a science, so a chef needs to be precise
- Able to work under pressure and take instruction
- Time efficient
- Passion –An interest in food is essential
- Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
- Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
- Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
Good GCSE results (A-C / 4 above or equivalent) are desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position could be possible.
Things to consider
You will be required to work shift patterns and weekends.
About the employer
It all begun one summer in Greece... Vicky was working as a Hotel Manager in a Greek resort and Vasilis was the Head Chef there. We kept getting compliments for our wonderful Greek cuisine and our hospitality, but we also heard a lot of complaints that Greek food never tastes the same in the UK and Greek products sold in supermarkets lacked authenticity.
Greek cuisine is our passion so when the opportunity to move here to sunny Eastbourne presented itself we jumped at the chance and we decided to set things straight with our new business venture offering original Greek recipes and hospitality in a relaxed and fun environment.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE
Contact Debbie Baldock-Apps 01424 458557 email@example.com Training to be provided
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include NVQ/ Diploma, Functional Skills, ERR, PLTS.
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Apprenticeship Standard Commis chef