Careers Adviser & Business Relationships Manager
Are you someone with the ability to be our next Careers Adviser? Someone who can create outstanding links with our local business community? We would like to recruit a full-time Careers Adviser to deliver a programme of CEIAG to support our students make informed careers choices enabling them to move successfully into good careers. You will design, plan and deliver an informed offer for all our students. This will include structured curriculum projects, off site careers related activities and our annual work experience week for all of Year 10.
The role will:
Deliver our Careers Education Policy including business outreach:
- Providing individual and curriculum based careers advice/support for all students across Key Stage 3 and 4 including tracking students Post 16
- Co-ordinating Year 10 work experience programme (1 week) for all students and liaising with employers
- Arranging Careers Fairs/events/talks with representatives from local colleges and companies
- Developing and maintaining all careers resources, prospectuses and publications
- Creating Work Related Learning opportunities with the local business community
- Attending local business networking meetings to liaise with the local business community.
Developing our Alumni Programme:
- Developing our existing alumni programme with the support of Future First
- Signing up Y11 and past students to the Future First portal
- Showcasing and celebrating alumni career achievement and FE/HE successes
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or obtained from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Closing date for applications is – 9am Wednesday 16 October 2019
Interviews - will be held on Monday 21 October 2019
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.