Conference & Banqueting Weekend Night Porter
We are currently recruiting for Conference & Banqueting weekend (Fri & Sat) Night Porter to join our highly successful team in our Grand Hotel, Brighton.
We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. If you are truly passionate delivering the highest standards then we want to hear from you.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including:
Free meals on duty, up to 28 days holiday,workplace pension and life assurance, complimentary gym facilities, a hotel recognition scheme, discounted use of hotel facilities and a high street, local attraction and retail discount programme.
You should have a warm, personable nature, a can do attitude, amazing organisational skills and an eye for detail. You will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and be able to understand and anticipate customer needs ensuring that our guest expectations are met and exceeded at all times.
Main activities and responsibilities:
• To set up event rooms as specified by the Event Managers as outlined on the function sheet and to departmental standards
• To maintain cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment, C&B store rooms and back of house areas.
• To communicate effectively, between other departments, colleagues , other staff in the Events Team, Function Bar team and Event Managers.
• To ensure the cleanliness of the department, including functions rooms, empress foyer, crush hall, back of house areas, west kitchen, C&B tea & coffee area, store rooms, table store area, loading bay, all to the standards explained on the training
• Identify ways to exceed customer expectations, especially through presentation
• To ensure the daily task lists are used and adhered to, all service times are met set down by the Event Manager
• To ensure all equipment is in full working order and suitable for customer use. All defects reported to an Event Manager
• To undertake ad hoc duties as required
The ideal applicant will have worked within a similar hotel environment at 4* or above, and will have had previous conference & banqueting experience. You will need to have an eye for detail & be organised.