Subject Leader For Food Preparation & Nutrition
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent Subject Leader to head up our Food Preparation and Nutrition department. This teacher may also be required to teach across a range of technology disciplines at KS3.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT.
Are you someone who:
- Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
- Is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
- Has an excellent knowledge of Food Preparation and Nutrition?
- Has excellent communication skills?
- Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
Required for January 2020
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Olivia Blake on 01903 237864.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 21 October by 9am
Interviews will take place on 23 October 2019
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Worthing High School, part of the South Downs Education Trust, is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools