- Full Time
Job Title: Duty Manager
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 + Annual bonus £4,200
Hours: 37.5 hours a week - No Saturday working
Our client is looking to recruit a Duty Manager who will be supporting the Store Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to take a step up from a Store Supervisor position or progress within their career. The company offer excellent training and development for all their staff.
You will work closely with the Store Manager in managing, controlling and developing the business to maximise sales and achieve agreed sales and profit targets.
There is free on-site parking for staff.
- Assisting the Store Manager in leading, motivating, guiding and encouraging individuals and teams to achieve sales/profit targets.
- Recruitment for Cash & Carry Assistants positions in line with policies and procedures.
- Inducting and training new staff in the store and developing team to full potential.
- Dealing with unsatisfactory performance.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of sales goals and targets.
- Encouraging staff to put forward ideas and suggestions.
- Regularly communicating relevant staff matters to the Store Manager.
- Fostering a culture of safety awareness and ensuring compliance with Company Policy and Systems on Health & Safety.
- The security of premises, stock, cash and computers.
- Building and car park maintenance.
- Efficient store administration procedures.
- Ensuring that all store procedures and systems, as detailed on the Intranet e.g. Till Procedures, Banking, Stock management are carried out/completed as per Company standard.
- Ensuring that all merchandising/displays/stock/shelves are clean and tidy in accordance with Company standards.
- Ensuring that effective stock rotation is carried out.
- Ensuring that all stock coding and pricing are correct.
- Allocating aisle responsibilities to each team member.
- Proactively managing the stock system ensuring all team members are fully trained and competent.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained.
- Ensuring the effective deployment of staff.
- Seeking and obtaining feedback from customers on service levels
- Ensuring sales areas are appropriately merchandised
- Regularly reviewing stock profiles to ensure they meet customer demands and that the store is performing to the Company stock management standards and procedures
- Ensuring the team is motivated, confident and knowledgeable in delivering the clients brand and vision
- Ensuring all staff answer the telephone in a polite and courteous manner within the Company guidelines
- Effectively resolving customer complaints in line with Company policy & procedures
- Identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities in order to achieve and improve upon sales targets, including exclusive product lines.
- Understanding and being fully knowledgeable about the market, existing customers, potential customers and the activities of competitors.
- Initiating local promotional activity.
- Establishing and developing good relationships with key customers & colleges.
- Obtaining feedback on sales initiatives and customer service and putting forward ideas to improve the business and overall sales.
- Maintaining Company merchandising and presentation standards (Visual Thinking).
- Promoting the Privilege Points Scheme.
- Developing sales of salon furniture and assisting with the care and maintenance.
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring the full salon design service is offered to customers and to follow up on any quotes and leads.
- Promoting and selling customer training courses and special events.
For more information please contact Stacey Croucher at Clearline Recruitment.
Apply for Duty Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly