Sales Advisor - Intermediaries (Fixed term)
his role will proactively manage a portfolio of top tier brokers and you will be tasked to develop and grow these relationships. This role has a competitive basic and strong OTE earning potential which could see you double your basic.
To be a success in this channel sales role you will need to further develop relationships with your brokers.
- Build profitable relationships with all brokers assigned to you by delivering the highest standard of customer service to seek new business opportunities.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the portfolio assigned to you, including pricing discussion and all sales needs, negotiating these through outbound and inbound contact.
- Develop a strong business relationship with your portfolio and keep the customers
- Aid the business to maintain and grow our customer base with a pro-active approach
- Deliver the highest level of customer care to include taking ownership of day-to-day sales and service queries, liaising with the appropriate areas of the business to resolve
- Work closely with enrolments team to ensure seamless and accurate on boarding of any won business with hand over to the Account management teams.
- Work closely with your colleagues to support and help resolve complex queries
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset
- Handle inbound telephone sales calls and emails from brokers, converting these opportunities into new registrations to agreed targets
- Make proactive outbound calls to brokers generating sales opportunities to further increase the potential of conversion and sales.
- Having identified a sales opportunity, ensure that Salesforce records area accurately updated
- Complete a thorough fact find on each opportunity to validate the lead.
- Through outbound calls ensure that all quotes/leads, within the region, are secured by regular follow-up calls.
- Follow all call procedures and ensure standards of performance are met.
- Manage all tasks alongside phone calls through effective time management, planning and prioritising workloads to maintain an effective and functional service level.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to ensure that regional sales targets are met and exceeded, and that regional trends are cascaded throughout the team.
- Timely action of telephone point of hit work to ensure follow up administrative actions
- Competently deal with all types of complaints and escalate when necessary.
- Ensure that we proactively educate and develop our brokers on products and procedures
- Keep abreast of competitor activity, products and regional trends
- Assist with client visits and deliver training support for the broker network
- Keep updated on marketing campaigns and communications within your region and share knowledge of this across the team.
- Maintain the highest quality and service standards at all times in line with criteria set by the Management Team, FCA and Compliance.
- Constantly analyse, improve and develop performance against set objectives through training, self-analysis and coaching sessions on a monthly basis
- Build professional and lasting relationships with team colleagues and other departments within the Bupa Group, maintaining open communication channels to promote BST team
- Comply with and abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act and those of the FOS and FCA at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE or equivalent grade C in Maths and English
- Previous sales experience in a FCA regulated environment essential
- Excellent negotiating skills essential
- Ability to deal with people of different cultures, understand types of audience and present accordingly
- A good geographical knowledge, an understanding of differing cultural drivers and an appreciation of differing time zones is essential
- Previous customer service experience is required, specifically within a call centre environment. This would include experience with automatic call distribution phones and outbound calling
- Experience of managing a portfolio and face-to-face contact with customers is desirable
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A high standard of technical and product understanding of Bupa Global products is desirable
- Proven examples of transforming ideas into positive change
- Excellent PC skills are essential including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capable of working on own initiative under pressure or heavy workloads incorporating flexible hours when circumstances arise
- A polite and professional telephone manner, possess excellent customer service skills and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own or within a team and promote a positive attitude at all times