Senior Strategic Buyer ( Direct materials) : Elekta
Elekta Group operates a centralised category and business driven procurement function operating across four main direct material countries: situated in UK/Netherlands/Sweden/China, and 3 indirect regions Americas, Europe and China/APAC. The Procurement function is structured as a matrix organisation with centralized leadership for Direct Purchasing/ Indirect Purchasing/ Supplier Development & Quality, Process & Systems and the Local Management in each of the regions for direct and indirect material.
The role of Senior Strategic Buyer – DM sits within the Direct Purchasing part of the Linac Business Line.
Direct Purchasing is structured around a Category management approach, however, staff are required to be flexible with the types of suppliers they work with.
The purpose of the role of Senior Strategic Buyer - DM is to manage direct material spend across a number of commodities achieving excellent and measured results for quality, cost and on time delivery.
Works Closely with local key business stakeholders to develop sustainable sourcing strategies and implementation plans
- Support in the development of global sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Responsible for the development of local sourcing strategies for allocated commodities taking due account of stakeholder mapping, spend analysis, understanding of current and future demands, supplier improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans in order to secure business continuity.
- Responsible for the selection of suppliers in compliance with the Elekta sourcing process whilst ensuring selection is robust and fit for purpose.
- Negotiate best practice terms with suppliers.
- Ensure robust supply agreements are in place with key suppliers.
- Reduce and consolidate the approved vendor list, if required.
- Monitor and improve supplier’s performance on cost, quality, delivery, service and contract compliance.
- Encourage open book costing and competitive tendering
- Takes initiative on achieving the lowest total cost of ownership through negotiation, value engineering, low cost country sourcing, supplier reduction and supplier consolidation.
- Develop & maintain a thorough understanding of relevant global supplier market(s)
- Maintain system parameters and data integrity for Procurement systems.
- Continuously develop and maintain supplier relationship management strategies including a governance structure and use of regular business reviews ensuring an inclusive approach to supplier management.
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction, efficiency and supplier quality improvement strategies and implement these.
- Manage the supplier interface during the industrialization of new product and/or maintenance to ensure early supplier involvement and to meet Elekta targets, as applicable for site
- Ensure appropriate know-how of global supplier markets within applicable markets, categories etc
- Contribute to developing and implementing procurement best practices
- Act as representative of Procurement in Product Core Teams (Product Maintenance)
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
Stakeholders BA/BU satisfaction
Degree of meeting SLA targets
Financial Annual cost reduction vs targets
Savings vs operational cost – i.e. Working capital
AP –terms targets / Cash management
Process Process / Systems compliance & development
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability KPI`s
Suppliers Contract management
Supplier relationship management
Quality / Compliance RoHS / REACH / Export controls compliance
- Take decisions for Direct Purchasing in accordance to the business directives and strategy
- Take commercial, technical and quality decisions for creating Supplier Agreements
- Negotiation of Supplier Agreements, signing according to respective legal entity authorization policy
- Approve routines/documents for Purchasing in accordance with the Quality Systems
- Decision maker in cross functional supplier relationship management teams
Relevant Knowledge, skills
- BA required with MBA preferred; other graduate degree potentially acceptable or equivalent work experience
- Previous Buying or Category Management experience ideally for direct materials and within a Manufacturing environment.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) certification desirable
- Previous experience of working with purchasing systems
- Successful, track record in a procurement organization
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of sourcing strategy deployment, financial concepts and the ability to create business cases
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills
- Experience with contract management and awareness and understanding of contractual law
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with personnel/ clientele/ suppliers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Confident negotiator at a senior level. Experience having managed a complex global supply base is desirable
- Well-developed IT skills
- Fluent in language applicable to site location and English. Other languages advantageous
- Passion for reducing costs – exhibits high energy and the enthusiasm to establish new approaches to sourcing
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and work independently
- Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks
- Promote a dynamic, empowered and open work environment, integrating the Elekta Values throughout the function.