7 days left
- Full Time
Role : Technical Manager (Wastewater)
Salary: Up to £55,000
Contract Type: Permanent and Full Time
Due to growing workload and development of opportunities with new clients, RPS Water have a requirement for a Technical Manager (Wastewater) to be based from the Albourne office.
This role will see you taking the lead of building the team, delivering existing projects and development business with new clients. Whilst being part of the wider Regional Water Technical Management Team.
You will build strong client relationships and a reputation for providing advice and support to clients.
This is an exciting and evolving industry, providing challenges and opportunities which require innovation, dedication and team work to help us meet our clients’ needs.
- Contribute to the delivery & development of the Water Technical team by:
- Utilising existing relationships or build new relationships with clients to win work from and provide a sustainable workstream for the team
- Working with the Water Technical Leadership Team, to demonstrate leadership, management, motivation and development of staff to improve their performance and achieve their potential, including clear succession planning
- Providing High-quality Water Technical services, demonstrating continuous improvement
- Contributing to the growth of the business through identifying, developing and delivering new workstreams and services
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in the Technical and Operations divisions
- Driving innovation and efficiency across the Water Technical teams
- Supporting in business planning, financial control, commercial and risk management
- Contributing to the growth of the team delivering Water Technical project work and securing future frameworks and projects
- Delivering project profit targets through robust project management
- Ensure that the team is meeting utilisation targets
- Creating High Performing Teams through a culture of enthusiasm and engagement and strong people management skills
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our staff through a strong safety culture
- Managing the team from both the HR and project delivery perspectives
- Deliver/exceed the budgeted level of profit for their team
- Identify resource requirements and recruit a varied range of technical staff to enable the efficient delivery
Skills, experience & Qualifications required
- Strong relationships skills and reputation in providing advice and support in specialist areas and ensuring delivery to client expectation
- Able to provide direction on projects, manage risks across major teams and resolve problems, working across projects and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills, staff development track record, mentoring and team management experience
- Prior experience in Project Manager or Framework Manager in a client facing capacity role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the water and/or wastewater industry, regulatory and compliance standards. This will include either:
- Wastewater asset management, investment, performance and significant experience of water / wastewater modelling processes, and/or;
- Wastewater capital engineering design practices with significant experience of water/ wastewater infrastructure design.
- Prior deep expertise in the technical leadership and delivery of water/wastewater projects to budget, profit expectations and client satisfaction
- Relevant Degree plus Chartered or Incorporated, or demonstrable experience
- Recognised People and/or Project Management Qualification
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Competent user of the complete Microsoft package
- Happy to complete travel within role where required
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
About RPS Water
Our Water business employs over 1,000 staff and has been providing services to the water industry since 1993. Working on all the UK water and sewerage companies and most of the water only companies, our services include water networks management; leakage consultancy; waste water network management; software solutions; utility, land and building surveying; design; water resources and efficiency advice; and flood risk and water environment consultancy.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,000 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.Our Approach
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.