Engineer, RT Application System Testing & Rapid Response Team : Elekta
Description - The Engineer, RT Application System Testing & Rapid Response Team, is responsible for providing clinical workflow expertise to the MR Business line and testing solutions software products throughout the last phase of the software development life cycle to prove that the system meets its design requirements and is both safe and effective, in addition to troubleshooting field issues.
- Provide clinical treatment workflow expertise to the system test and rapid response team
- Distribute treatment workflow knowledge by providing training and support to users and team members to ensure there is a shared understanding of the system
- In conjunction with the software development team, ensure that test plans and procedures are in place in order to adequately test new products and product updates.
- Develop and verify the adequacy of test procedures.
- Run approved test procedures on products.
- Ensure that all formal test activities are properly recorded and that the resultant records are filed in the appropriate project file.
- Assist on an ad-hoc basis and as needed, the product development team in writing product design documents
- Perform all work according to software development methodology documentation
- Ensure the accuracy and dependability of the software
- Assist with problem troubleshooting and resolution.
- Strive to continually develop and improve test methods, tools, and techniques
- Ensure the quality of solution-level testing of Mosaiq and Monaco releases
- Leverage experience on clinical application and workflow to create effective Test Cases to cover allocated requirements
- Review allocated test cases for the adequacy of test coverage
- Run and pass or fail allocated test cases
- Create Problem Reports
- Test Problem reports
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competEncies -
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiography or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with Elekta Mosaiq Oncology Information System software
- Preferable 2-3 years’ experience with Elekta Monaco Treatment Planning software or equivalent TPS
- Thorough understanding of the intended use of new products, coupled with the ability to translate this understanding of the requirements into structured and comprehensive test plans and procedures.
- Detail oriented, analytical and has excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work independently and effectively interact with colleagues in other departments, business areas and regions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A consistent "can do" attitude and will to act quickly to rally organizations around a common vision
- Available to travel; about 15% International travels
additional local information or n/a Physical Requirements (Physical demands & work environment): The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel: Some limited travel to support test facilities outside of Crawley will be required.