Brighton College is seeking to appoint a Horticulture Apprentice on a fixed-term contract for 24 months in duration. This apprenticeship will be delivered in association with Plumpton College.
As a Brighton College Horticulture Apprentice you will train to become a gardener of the future.
You will be part of the team responsible for the gardens throughout Brighton College’s Estate.
Main learning areas and responsibilities:
- Undertake and successfully complete a Horticulture apprenticeship qualification
- You will assist with lawn care, cultivation, weed control, planting and tree works.
- You will learn how to safely use of a range of equipment and machinery.
- Motivated, enthusiastic & passionate about gardening
- Able to cope with practical tasks – using hand tools and machinery
- Attention to detail to ensure work completed is of the highest standard
- Team player – able to work as part of a team, to interact and communicate effectively as well as listen and absorb instructions
- Safety orientated, ensuring pupil safety at all times
- Able to follow the College’s policies and procedures.
- A full, clean driving licence
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Principles of plant growth and development
- Plant nutrition requirements
- Ways to reduce waste
- How to use equipment correctly
- Cultivating soils for differing purposes
- Controlling plant pests and diseases Identifying plants
For further information, please see our website.